just had kittens

jacksmum26

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi!!

sorry been trying to find a helpful cat forum for ages so forgive me for not introducing myself propperly before launching in to 100s of questions!!

long story short - i adopted a cat who was expecting a mth ago. this morining at 4 am she went in to labour i wasnt expecting it because all of the reading i had done said she would be nesting, not wanting contact with the other cats swollen boobs etc and she had shown no sign of any of it apart from being extra cuddly (always been evry affectionate)

she delivered 4 stunning babies but dosent seem as intrested in them as expected she wants to get out of the room and be with the other cats (and dog oddly) she does seem to be feeding them tho.

im worried if i need to step in at any point, when will i know if i do? am i safe to let the other cats in with her? she really is crying to get at them?

help!!! this is my one and only first litter!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be good to keep the other animals away from her kittens unless you know they and the mother won't react badly. But if she's truly used to having the run of the house and interacting with you and the other animals in it, she's going to want her routine.