just got my cat spayed

jbfromwp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just had our two girls spayed (picked them up from the vet last night) They were so rowdy and had turned from loving sisters to mortal enemies. We were so panicked that they were going to injure themselves that we went out to PETCO and bought two fairly large cages ($200). The cages make us feel better, but the kitties aren't too happy, but they are safe

They both have collars on which is preventing them from licking their incisions. Maya managed to remove her cone so we put it back on a little more securely.

After a few days we'll take them out of the cages, but the vet wants the collars on for a week.

chaoran22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it should be fine if she licks it a bit. distracting her when you see her do it is a good idea - but don't let her do any playing that's too strenuous. i think she should be fine...also you might want to keep her away from unneutered males just to be safe - i've never heard of them trying to breed but better safe than sorry. if she's a young kitten and you got her spayed before sexual maturity (6 months i think) she likely won't try to breed, i'd be more worried about an unneutered male being pushy. neutered males should be fine - they're pretty oblivious to that sort of thing..