Just feeling... blah

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aw Kenz, I'm sorry your having a rough time. It seems like alot of us are lately..It sucks you didn't get that job, but that just means something better is out there waiting for you

Soon, it will be a brand new year, and you can start fresh in a positive way!!

Thanks Natalie... I hope next year is better than this year!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I hope so... I saw the letter from them in the mail and instantly knew... I opened it up and I just started bawling, I've never in my whole life wanted something as bad as I wanted this job... I hope something better comes along.... I really do.
I'm also sorry you didn't get the position. And I DO know how it is to really want a job and not get it. But you must believe, that everything does happen for a reason and the right job will come along. Patience, as I have learned, is a must in life (and especially important on the job search).

If I can also throw something in, to give you a different perspective. I have been working for 17 years in various positions. In the last 5 years, I have been involved in the hiring process for 2 companies. I actually interviewed my replacement last year. Many times, a candidate will have all the qualifications and educational experience, but their personalities won't fit the position. In my last position, we needed to find a very strong headed, thick skin type personality because of the challenging personalities they had to deal with on a daily basis. We interviewed 4 candidates, and all were the same in qualifications, but the one we chose was mainly based on their personality. As a candidate, you wouldn't even think of that as the strongest factor, but we did.

When you go into an interview, you really don't know what 'hidden' factors the interviewers are looking for in a candidate. That's why, I learned after being involved in this process, that if I did my best in an interview - that's all I can do and I left it at that. Also, maybe that position wasn't so 'ideal'. It may look great, while you're looking in from the outside, but once you're in it may not be so great because of office politics or a number of other factors.

If you don't get a job, and you think you are the 'perfect' candidate, phone back the HR contact and ask some questions. Ask how the other candidate's qualifications were better suited for the position. Ask whether or not the hands-on experience was a factor or do you need to update your educations qualifications. The best way to find out how to improve your interview skills for next time, is to ask the person who last interviewed you and learn from it. If you don't ask, you will never know.

Again, Mackenzie, I know how hard it is to be unemployed and think the 'perfect' job has just slipped by. But, you really need to see each interview as an opportunity and if that one does not work out, you need to get back to the job search and move on to the next opportunity. And yes, there is more than one opportunity out there.
I have gone for many interviews the last few years, and like the old saying goes....if at first you don't suceed.....try, try again.

Think of yourself as a business. If you don't score that one contract, you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and go right back out there.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

I'm also sorry you didn't get the position. And I DO know how it is to really want a job and not get it. But you must believe, that everything does happen for a reason and the right job will come along. Patience, as I have learned, is a must in life (and especially important on the job search).

If I can also throw something in, to give you a different perspective. I have been working for 17 years in various positions. In the last 5 years, I have been involved in the hiring process for 2 companies. I actually interviewed my replacement last year. Many times, a candidate will have all the qualifications and educational experience, but their personalities won't fit the position. In my last position, we needed to find a very strong headed, thick skin type personality because of the challenging personalities they had to deal with on a daily basis. We interviewed 4 candidates, and all were the same in qualifications, but the one we chose was mainly based on their personality. As a candidate, you wouldn't even think of that as the strongest factor, but we did.

When you go into an interview, you really don't know what 'hidden' factors the interviewers are looking for in a candidate. That's why, I learned after being involved in this process, that if I did my best in an interview - that's all I can do and I left it at that. Also, maybe that position wasn't so 'ideal'. It may look great, while you're looking in from the outside, but once you're in it may not be so great because of office politics or a number of other factors.

If you don't get a job, and you think you are the 'perfect' candidate, phone back the HR contact and ask some questions. Ask how the other candidate's qualifications were better suited for the position. Ask whether or not the hands-on experience was a factor or do you need to update your educations qualifications. The best way to find out how to improve your interview skills for next time, is to ask the person who last interviewed you and learn from it. If you don't ask, you will never know.

Again, Mackenzie, I know how hard it is to be unemployed and think the 'perfect' job has just slipped by. But, you really need to see each interview as an opportunity and if that one does not work out, you need to get back to the job search and move on to the next opportunity. And yes, there is more than one opportunity out there.
I have gone for many interviews the last few years, and like the old saying goes....if at first you don't suceed.....try, try again.

Think of yourself as a business. If you don't score that one contract, you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and go right back out there.
Thanks Kass... that really is great advice. I just feel really down about a lot of things right now, and this unemployment thing just doesn't help matters much at all.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know it sucks being unemployed, but just remember that you can do what many people wish they could do--stay at home all day! Just think back to those days at work when you wished you were home.....

I hope not to make you feel worse by asking this, but how is the person they replaced you with working out? Hopefully she has made the boss sorry he hired her!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I know it sucks being unemployed, but just remember that you can do what many people wish they could do--stay at home all day! Just think back to those days at work when you wished you were home.....

I hope not to make you feel worse by asking this, but how is the person they replaced you with working out? Hopefully she has made the boss sorry he hired her!
Actually the girl that he hired in my spot messed up big time - she jacked up their phone bills to over $1,000 the 1st month by calling her family out in Oregon, and quit 2 weeks later.
Lets just say I didnt give him one ounce of sympathy.
His daughter works for him now, and knows NOTHING. Its quite funny - I hate him with a passion, and hate is a strong word - but he's the one that put me in the unemployed category - so poo on him.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HA! Serves him right! ...sticks out tongue at him....

I wish you were back at home. I'd invite you over. I have 5 Lab X foster puppies....7 weeks old now. They're good kissers!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

HA! Serves him right! ...sticks out tongue at him....

I wish you were back at home. I'd invite you over. I have 5 Lab X foster puppies....7 weeks old now. They're good kissers!
I saw them in your thread!! They are SO darn cute! I'd be there in a second!