Just curious

clmgordon

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My little 4-5 month old, Nova, was spayed 3 days ago and I'm curious about a few things.

She never liked being picked up and would only let us pet her back, not her head. After the spay, she became a little love-bug. She's been bonking her head asking for pets and even purring when I pick her up to carry her to her room. I know she was given pain meds at the clinic so she was still a little loopy the day after but it's been 3 days and she's still super loving.
Will this sweet change in behavior stick or will she go back to her usual ways?
Also, they shaved her belly and I'm just curious how long it will take for her fur to grow back?
And when will it be safe to let her play with Niko again? So far I've let them be together but I separate them when they start to play because Niko is so much bigger than she is and he plays pretty rough.

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! The wonders of spaying at work. She'll keep most of that new lovebug attitude although she might regain some habits like not liking to be picked up. Without all those pesky hormones whispering to her she'll have alot less to worry about. Give it a week or two on the rough play and it could take quite awhile for the hair to fully grow back.