Just curious.

theycallmefive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I brought my two newest additions to he family home on Sunday. They're the most adorable kittens ever! They're purebred rag dolls, and they're 12 weeks old. Precious. But, Duke, the smaller one of the two (I'm pretty sure he is the runt of the litter, seeing as out of five makes no one wanted him and he's really small compared to his sister...) will quite often, out of the blue, while we are just cuddling, wrap his paws around my hand and start nibbling/sucking on the tip of my finger while purring. His eyes are always closed when he does this and it doesn't hurt at all. The mom was nowhere near them and had been separated from the a few weeks earlier due to health problems (nothing genetic, some kind of virus I believe) which was around 8-9 weeks. Dutchess does this as well, but nowhere near as often/for as long. Is this teething, or...?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's trying to suckle on you! Very cute, and nothing to worry about. It's simply a sign that they got separated form mom a little too early. See if you can get him to transfer over to a stuffed toy though, as it could get painful as they get bigger.

My girl's one, and she still has to have a good knead/suckle fest on her favourite stuffed dog toy before she can settle on my lap for a cuddle!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

theycallmefive

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, alright! Thanks! I tried weaning him onto the stuffed animal but my little furbaby will settle for nothing but my finger! It's adorable, and at least it's not too annoying. 

It makes it even more cute to know the reason behind him doing so, so.... 
 :clap: :clap: