Just curious

dilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I read that Snow Bengals were started from crossing a Bengal, and a Siamese. Would that be from a Lynx Point and a Bengals?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several breeds were used in the early Bengal development, along with Siamese some of the domestics used also carried points

Bengals are tabbies so using a tabby point Siamese isn't necessary, Bengal used will need to carry points or use kittens in a further generation that carries from the original cross

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How does one get a Snow Bengal? Isn't it true that its not possible from 2 regular tabby Bengals? Sorry I don't know what the color is called exactly.

I've beem researching cat colors and read about Bengals and Siamese. I also wonder what color a Red Point Siamese crossed with a Bengal would result?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bengals don't come in red, also they aren't put crossed to Siamese any more.

Seal lynx point (albino) is a recessive colour so if both parents carry it you'll get snow kittens. If one parent is a Lynx and one brown the kittens will carry lynx point

There are other snow colour, minks and Sepias as well as the lynx points

Here's my friends page on Bengal genetics and matings http://adabelbengals.webs.com/snowgenetics.htm

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

dilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bengals don't come in red, also they aren't put crossed to Siamese any more.
Seal lynx point (albino) is a recessive colour so if both parents carry it you'll get snow kittens. If one parent is a Lynx and one brown the kittens will carry lynx point
There are other snow colour, minks and Sepias as well as the lynx points
Here's my friends page on Bengal genetics and matings http://adabelbengals.webs.com/snowgenetics.htm
Thank you