Just curious... how much is a normal tip???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow, so the consensus is pretty much %15-%20... so i guess i am okay... thanks for all the info!

the same girl does everything from washing, cutting, coloring, waxing, so she gets all the tip and she does the best job i have ever had anyone do on my hair... so maybe i will start giving her a little more!

now, next time i tip her, i wont feel like i have absolutley no idea what i am doing

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bumpy

Did anyone watch that comedy Third Rock from the Sun.

There is this scene in one episode where the guy "revolutionised" the tipping method. He tells the waiter that the Pile of $1 notes on the table represents the potential amount of tip. And whenever the waiter does something good, he will add to it and when the waiter does something bad, he will remove from the pile. It was so funny.
My fiance's uncle or something does something similar (but without putting the money on the table). Everytime the waiter does something wrong (if he has to ask for something, if has to find the waiter, etc) then he deducts money from the tip. Kinda makes sense.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Some of you may have already heard this, but my husband, daughter and I were in a restaurant one day for dinner (it was my treat which the waitress had no way of knowing). My husband is a pretty attractive fellow, and this waitress made sure he had everything he wanted, when he wanted and pretty much ignored the fact that my empty place was not removed and that I had to ask for MY dessert, coffee more than once, etc., etc.

I was seething let me tell you. At any rate, when she brought the bill to our table, my husband passed it to me and said, Thanks honey for treating us! Her face almost fell to the floor. She did NOT get a tip - not one cent and before we left I called her to the table and calmly explained why she did not get a tip in the hopes that next time she will be smarter.
I haven't heard that story before. How did the waitress take the explanation? And you're husband is in your signature, right? If so, yes, he's pretty attractive, lucky you...