Just curious how much all of us pay for a regular exam.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

The last visit to the vet I had for Cindy was

Repeat Problem Exam: $33.75
Complete Urinalysis: $36.00
Adult Laboratory Health Screen: $108
Bi-Annual Wellness Exam: $45
Discount $24.75.
Total: $222.75

For Swanie:
Office Visit: $12
10 Zeniquin 25 mg. pills: $28.30
Pill Gun: $4.95

They are scheduled to get their rabies shots next week, so I don't know how much those will be.

It might be a little pricey there, based on what I'm seeing in this thread, but its a cat only clinic, about 5 miles from the house, and I like the vet. We have been taking Swanie in for her to give him his pill (because most of the time we just can't do it) and she hasn't charged us. She also took calls from me two Saturday evenings in a row, first when Cindy was coming down with the URI and the next week when Swanie caught it. The first time, she said she wasn't in the area but she would have someone meet us at the clinic. The next week she said we could start giving Swanie some of Cindy's pills until we could get in there on Monday. And she didn't charge me for anything but the pills. Also, she's always rescuing special needs cats, both at home and in her clinic, which I think is great.
I should also mention that I have a card from the vet for a free exam - so I'll use that for Swanie's visit tomorrow.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To walk in the door is $50.
Bloodwork, $64
Fecal $35
Rectal Exam $3-
Urinalysis $50
Trim Nails + express anal glands: $55
Flagyl $55
Baytril $8
I don't know how much rabies/etc shots cost.
I live in the Washington, DC area.

I have pet insurance, and they paid everything less $50 deductible connected with a month long episode of Colitis/UTI.

NOTE for those who live in the DC Metro area: Consumer Report has an affiliated publication called "Consumer Checkbook" which is local. Checkbook just published reader-evaluated vets in the DC metro area, including a survey of costs.

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We haven't had a decent vet over this way in Iowa over fifteen years. I would gladly pay for one and have a yearly exam if it was a real one
and not one that is out to push their drugs.

cami&thomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My vet has charged $35 for the lat few years - before that it was $20!