Just Broke a Wine Bottle *sigh*

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I just got home from the grocery store with dinner for tomorrow night. I decided to get some ribeyes because they were on sale so I thought some wine would go nice with that. Of course as I'm walking up to the door the bottle of wine I purchased fell thru the bag onto the concrete. At first I thought it was okay but then when I set it down to open up the door and tried picking it up again the top was broken off. I usually only spend $10 on wine but I went for a $17 bottle this time for once and of course I break it. Sigh

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boo!!! That is frustrating. Can any be saved?? Maybe pour it through a seive or coffee filter/paper towel to make sure no glass gets in?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was an Argentinian malbec. I thought about trying to salvage it but I don't want to chance drinking any glass. It couldve been worse and a more expensive bottle.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
At least you broke it outside. I had a bottle fall off the top of my refrigerator once. It was a bottle of red wine and it smashed completely. I had wine splattered from one side of the kitchen to the other and it took me over an hour to clean it up.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man that sucks.

My DH bought me a more expensive than usual bottle of rum for Christmas, and I took it with me when I house sat for a friend. Anyway, when I came back home, overloaded with my stuff, I had the bottle stuffed in my backpack side pocket. I opened my front door and it fell out and smashed on the ground.
Managed to save a third of the bottle, but still it really annoyed me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rum I think I would cry about if I broke a bottle of it. What rum was it? We bought a bottle and drank it over the Christmas holidays along with my dad and the brand was made in New Orleans and it said Louisiana vertically in black and white on the bottle. I really want to try their spiced rum but they were out of it when we were at the store.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of the countless times I have brought wine into the house, I have never dropped it. It is always on mind tho that I just might but I have been lucky so far. In fact I have a huge bottle of Sangria in the fridge right now, will enjoy some of that later when eating dinner.