Just at a loss of what to do :(

debbiegarland

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I posted a thread about this before--but my cat pees all over my basement carpet.  It has become a routine: He pees, I wipe it up and tear up the carpet (since it is soaked through and ruined), then he goes a week or two without peeing, but then he finds a new place to pee and the whole cycle starts up again.  This whole thing has carried on for months.  It started after we went on vacation and we had someone look after him. 

I just don't know what to do anymore.  I have added more litter boxes, changed types of litter, cleaned his litter three times everyday, gotten feliway, took him to the vet, changed his diet.  What else can I do?!  

I can't figure out why he pees on the downstairs carpet.  We are going to replace the ruined carpet with linoleum flooring. Will that help do you think--or will he just keep peeing on the linoleum or start peeing on other carpets in the house? 

My family is sick of putting up with him, I have a soft spot for him but frankly I can't take much more of the house being destroyed and reeking of cat urine.  My family wants to get rid of him--but who would ever take a cat that pees everywhere and is very anti-social?! 

Does anyone know what else I can do at this point???  :( 

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nature's Miracle helps stop repeat offenders by killing the smells, enzymes.

Assuming he's fixed? 

Can you find another location for litter box if it's in the basement? 

Was he in basement contained there when you were away?

Best solution prevent him from entering the basement.  Retrain him to use litterbox

use Nature's miracle to clean up any mistakes. Is he actually peeeing or spraying?

Would love to see more pictures of your kitties!

Last edited:

mew88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is the same thing that happens with one of my cats, eerily similar actually. Experiment with litter, my cat doesn't do it as much anymore - it's like a pattern he gets in and then it'll just stop. But if I use the "wrong" liter he'll pee wherever. I let him out outside once in a while and that seemed to help too, oddly.