Just adopted my dream cat! *Picture*

oceanmonster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately, the cat I was going to adopt fell through yet again. So I went to the Animal Refuge League to find my match. I was looking at a cat of theirs online a few weeks ago, but I gave up hope because I figured he would be snatched up immediately.

However, when I got there, I saw him sitting there in the back row! I told the staff I was interested and they let me open his cage to pet him. He was such a darling. I knew he was the right cat for me. So, I took him home.

This was less than a half hour ago and as we speak, he is laying across my lap watching me on the laptop. My camera isn't on me but I managed to take a picture with my web cam.

He is so wonderful already! I love him. His name is Obie. He's a 7 year old lynx point himalayan mix, according to his papers. Here he is:

P.S. Yes, that is hair all over my sweatshirt from him mauling me moments before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oceanmonster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised when he warmed up to me that quickly! His past owners had kids who would pull his tail and stuff like that. But he's so sweet and willing to love.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've got his twin at our shelter!

Same personality, it sounds like, too! And the same gorgeous blue eyes.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much for adopting an adult cat. There's always the possibility of problems (just as with an adult dog) because you don't know his background and what he might have gone through.

He sure looks happy to have found you, however!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now that's a handsome fella!!! He has made himself right at home hasn't he?

siamesepeaches

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow!!! Obie is amazing! He looks like he's been with you his whole life. A perfect fit!

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, he's so gorgeous!
Congrats on your new friend
I'm so happy for both of you.