Just Adopted A Cat That Was Outside For A While & Has Skin Issues

litlisa100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi I just adopted a non feral cat that was found in an outdoor colony ...he was outside for a while until he was discovered ....he had revolution put on him several times and is missing his fur in the area it was applied....the skin is dry on that area and around his neck too ...he scratches & gets scabs .my vet put him on omega fatty acids ..I started it 2 weeks ago ...I don’t see any change yet ....my vet told me the next step would be to change the food he eats ....does anyone have experience with a cat that has sensitivitie skin ? Any advice? Thank you
Lisa
His name is guiseppe....he is a big boy 15 pounds

sweetblackpaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When you say Revolution was put on him several times, do you mean more than once per month?

You may want to try Advantage. I have never used Revolution, but my cats over the years have never had any adverse reaction to Advantage. I would try that before changing his food. The active ingredient is different.

Thank you for giving this kitty a home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

litlisa100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When you say Revolution was put on him several times, do you mean more than once per month?

You may want to try Advantage. I have never used Revolution, but my cats over the years have never had any adverse reaction to Advantage. I would try that before changing his food. The active ingredient is different.

Thank you for giving this kitty a home!

Hi he had it once a month because he was outside and then when he went indoors he still had it once a month because he was around inside / outside cats
It has been 7 weeks since the former owner put it on.....but he still scratches & gets scabs too ....the vet says he might have a Skin condition....I am trying to omega fatty acid vitamin first and have to go back in 2 weeks .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

litlisa100

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd like just to point out that in Italian the name Giuseppe (compare the spelling) is for Joseph.
Is it right to spell it like you did?
I know my iPad keeps changing it
Guiseppe...my other cats name is Bruno