Just about ready to buy a Dyson

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had a Dyson Animal for the past 6 or 7 years (not sure how long, but we got it shortly after they came out as a xmas gift) and we LOVE it. Never had a single problem with it. It's kind of gaudy looking b/c it is turquoise and sparkly purple, but it works great. We don't vacuum as often as we should, and the canister fills up every time we vacuum. We have a decent sized house with mostly carpet, though. I just LOVE how easy it is to maintain. *I* can even do it without my husband's help, whereas with our bag vacuum I needed his help to take it apart and put it back together again. I'm going to be so bummed if this thing ever decides to take a dump. I'm spoiled now. lol

Have fun with your new toy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

Whatcha gonna name the new kitty in the canister?
Well, it kind of looks like I vacuumed up my gray/white boy Pete.

Originally Posted by kara_leigh

We've had a Dyson Animal for the past 6 or 7 years (not sure how long, but we got it shortly after they came out as a xmas gift) and we LOVE it. Never had a single problem with it. It's kind of gaudy looking b/c it is turquoise and sparkly purple, but it works great. We don't vacuum as often as we should, and the canister fills up every time we vacuum. We have a decent sized house with mostly carpet, though. I just LOVE how easy it is to maintain. *I* can even do it without my husband's help, whereas with our bag vacuum I needed his help to take it apart and put it back together again. I'm going to be so bummed if this thing ever decides to take a dump. I'm spoiled now. lol

Have fun with your new toy!
Thanks! I'm grateful for you sharing the experience with your Dyson. Helps affirm my decision to finally go for it.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really, really, really, really want a dyson ball animal, I love my hetty to pieces but since reading this thread and seeing the adverts for the dyson ball I want one sooooo badly. I have the most nihtmare carpet in the world, it is black!!! Will be replaced as soon as money permits, it was already here when we moved in, it is beautiful but just not practical with cats and especially a nearly all white cat, I have to use the pipe to clean it as the head just spreads the fur around! Will a ball help save me and my poor back?? x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

I really, really, really, really want a dyson ball animal, I love my hetty to pieces but since reading this thread and seeing the adverts for the dyson ball I want one sooooo badly. I have the most nihtmare carpet in the world, it is black!!! Will be replaced as soon as money permits, it was already here when we moved in, it is beautiful but just not practical with cats and especially a nearly all white cat, I have to use the pipe to clean it as the head just spreads the fur around! Will a ball help save me and my poor back?? x
It just might. It's very light weight and easy to use.

Originally Posted by sharky

I love my allergy and asthma dyson ... I thought my carpet was light brown or cream turns out it is really a Light beige.. for quick clean up s this 50$vac works just as good as the dyson
http://www.hoover.com/product.aspx?m...40900&ds=false
My carpet, which is going on five years old, has never looked better. The Hoover looks like a nice little vacuum. Thanks! I'll keep it in mind for quick clean ups.