KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What was the problem? This first set didn't work for me either. You've got my curiosity aroused (something I learned from my cats, I guess
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

What was the problem? This first set didn't work for me either. You've got my curiosity aroused (something I learned from my cats, I guess
)
Lol, had to go back and edit it....I still don't know!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Hmm...well apart from the obvious factor of the URL...I don't know.
That's part of what I don't get, Sam.....they were both copied from my welcoming message to our newbies.....just one done with Firefox, and the other done with IE....go figure, right?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, you're right the first ones go nowhere, and the second ones work fine. And yes, the answer is the URL.

If you rest your cursor over the links, you'll see that the second ones show http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/[specific thread address], whereas the first ones omit the www...forums/ part, and show only the [specific thread address]. In other words, the URL does not point to TCS.

How it happened that in one set the complete URL was picked up and in the other only the part pointing to the specific thread, I cannot explain, except to assume that it has to do with how the two browsers differ. But that's what happened, and why one set works and the other doesn't.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From Kitten to Cat

The URL is the key, but as to why you don't have a complete URL, that's beyond me. I use Firefox exclusively, and did the above link using copy/paste and got it fine---complete address. Was the complete address showing in the address bar when you copy/pasted?