Just a silly thing, but I had so much fun!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

...I can't even glue macaroni (I can't even spell it!
) to a piece of paper!
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

You have spelt Macaroni correctly, don't panic!
Really? I thought it was maquereauni!

Originally Posted by Mom of 4

I think that is wonderful! You are so creative. Where is it located?
The store is in Carrollton, on the southwest corner of Josey & Trinity Mills... in the same little strip center where Rabbit & Rooster Beads was until a couple of months ago. Hey, are you a beader too?

Originally Posted by sarahp

Have you given it to them? Did they love it??
Yup! And I'm so glad I did it, because there was a big bead retreat in Shreveport this weekend, so most of the beaders who knew about the opening weren't able to be there. I was the only one there when they officially opened their doors, and my little present helped keep it from being anti-climactic, y'know? They were just thrilled, and they showed it off to everybody who came into the store while I was there shopping.

And oh gosh, what a store! Everything I could ever want is there, and the prices are not crazy. The very best thing: a great big basket of loose semi-precious stone beads, hundreds of different kinds and shapes and sizes... $6 for all you could fit into a 2x3 bag and still zip it!
(And it's amazing how much one of those little things will hold!) I got some beautiful focal beads in dalmation jasper and moss agate and yellow jade and matrix turquoise, and one very beautiful piece of black-and-white striated onyx that I knew my mom would love. (And she does!) I can hardly wait to get started working with these beautiful new beads!

But I digress. The point is: thank you all, for all your kind words!
Normally, I don't manage to follow through on little ideas like this, but you sure make me glad I did this time.