Just a question

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The week before my two got spayed i lay on the sofa every night with their clean blanket on me and they would lie on my lap as well, so not only did the blanket have my smell on it, but theirs also

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always did.....something from home to perhaps help them feel a little less scared........

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When
Bella
was going through her illness she always had something with her, her stuffed animal named Cannoli and her basket, and they were so good about it. But when my poor guy Joey went to get fixed I gave him some stuff from home and they never put it with him...they were going to keep him over night because otherwise he would have wanted to go outside as soon as he got home, but when I went to check on him he was in a cage alone with nothing and it broke my heart and I said he's coming home with me NOW.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't bring anything - Ferris was put under pretty quickly, and I picked him up not too long after he woke up.

If you remember that pic of him carrying the plastic spoon around in his mouth later that night, you'll see that not having anything with him for surgery made no difference - he was happy to just be home afterward, and he acted like nothing had happened at all!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
that's what i like about the discount vet i take mine to for speutering - they don't keep them overnight! they're simply not set up for it. they call the following day to check up on the cat, but i get to take them home the afternoon of the op.
i agree - something from home/you will probably help him be more comfortable.