Jury Duty -or- Why ME??!!

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The first time my step mom was called for JD she actually got on the case. The case lasted one week and was about a guy who beat and set his kitten on fire. The kitten survived after MONTHS of care. My step-mom would come home everyday in tears while the trial was going on. The man was convicted and spent 5-8 in prison. I hope if you get on the case, it will not be a very sad case. Good luck.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man!!! That stinks! I was summoned for jury duty a MONTH after I turned 18. It was for 6 MONTHS though!!! I was living an hour away for college so luckily I got out of it!!! It was SOOO hard to get them to say "fine, you don't need to come"!!!!

It's pretty hard to get out of it, if you want to. You employer HAS to deal with it. They don't have a choice, but I know what you mean! Thank goodness it's only for 6 weeks!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually its a very good learning experience and should be looked at as a privledge to serve. After all, think of all the countries who don't have a judicial system - guilty with no trial, etc.

Guess too many were using the financial hardship excuse

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Actually its a very good learning experience and should be looked at as a privledge to serve. After all, think of all the countries who don't have a judicial system - guilty with no trial, etc.

Guess too many were using the financial hardship excuse
Exactly... I think far too many have been using that to get out of it... and now they frown upon that...

I won't mind it, really... it will actually be a nice break from my commute from h***. I can hop on the bus downtown... and they will reimburse bus tickets!! I actually want to find owrk downtown, so I can do just that, hop on the bus in the morning and not have to drive 20 miles each way... my car isn't the best on gas, but I can't afford anything better. You'd probably c*** your pants if I told you what my earnings were last year...

And who knows... maybe during my time there, I'll find better work and just give my notice while doing JD... ouch. I know my boss really would't be happy with that...

Now, to sit down and make some stuff that'll be suitable for court... ergh...

Amanda