Juno, the movie

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea Hard Candy is definitely not a comedy. But it's really good and you definitely have to watch it. I own it as well, and I watched it again last week, and forgot how much I loved the movie. She was just as good in Hard Candy as she was in Juno.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's fine if it's not a comedy. I would love to see any movie with her in it!

chloekitty98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lsanders

I loved it too- I can't believe people who think it glorifies teen pregnancy. I think it's an extremely hopeful story about teen pregnancy- it acknowledges that it happens, it sucks, but people (even teenagers!) can make the right choices for themselves.

And the movie's just so funny and so well acted.
My problem with the movie is that it's just so ...unrealistic! First of all she tells her parents and they're just kind of like...oh ok. You don't see her go through any real emotional trauma like someone in that situation actually would. Yeah, she made the right choice but the whole thing is just soooo unrealistic and doesn't portray how hard it actually would be.

tutti_bella

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, it may be unrealistic but it were to showcase all the emotions and crisis surrounding her pregnancy, the movie wouldn't have been what it is. I love the fact the the movie is projected in a more upbeat tone rather than turning it into a sappy melodrama. Love Love Juno!