Juno Blizzard- it's so cold and waiting for my 2 outdoor cats to show up

angela2015

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes thank you i have built a few different cat houses in the past few years but the cats don't use ?? maybe they don't like my location which is fine as long as they eat and they haven't now since monday :( 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiger cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Angela are you leaving food out the whole time just in case they come around- dry food b/c wet food might freeze?  Whenever I opened the backdoor the noise from me unlocking the door would have the cats running up for food, any sounds like that your cats are familiar with? I tried opening a can of wet food outside so they could hear the can tried to do whatever I can to get their attention hoping they'd hear... they finally just showed up this afternoon when I was at work, my husband took that photo and sent it to me.  have you seen any footprints at all?

angela2015

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi yes i leave a bowl of dry out all the time but have been leaving a can daily they keep freezing and the water i replace twice daily ... tried the open in of the can today nothing:(

angela2015

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
also no footprints which is usually how i check if there coming when it snowed last yr becuz I'm in the country so we have foxes and fishers cats and everything else in between always eating the food lol but he's like clock work he also eats at a elderly neighbor of ours sometimes he hasn't seen him and is worried sick too ,,,i thought about trapping him and in the garage for the storm but we didn't becuz the last time we did a few years ago he wasn't happy he's truly feral and we had him tnr and rabies shots but he was smashing his face on cage and bleeding it was just horrible ,,,i love him so much he looks just like his son rocco who i have in my house who was born in my garage they both have no tails lol are huge i put a few pics tried to get as profile pic but can't figure out  

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If they are well fed, they shouldn't have too hard of a time, especially if they've found a place to hunker down. Feral cats are savvy, which is why they survive, often without any help from us at all.

If you can, get a cat heating pad or microwave disc and place the food on it in a protected area like your porch. It will keep the food from freezing.

Also, if you build a shelter, make two openings. Some ferals simply won't use them unless there's an escape route. You can also build a simple feeding station nearby (a large Rubbermaid tote turned on its side will work).

Thank you for helping them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiger cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
also no footprints which is usually how i check if there coming when it snowed last yr becuz I'm in the country so we have foxes and fishers cats and everything else in between always eating the food lol but he's like clock work he also eats at a elderly neighbor of ours sometimes he hasn't seen him and is worried sick too ,,,i thought about trapping him and in the garage for the storm but we didn't becuz the last time we did a few years ago he wasn't happy he's truly feral and we had him tnr and rabies shots but he was smashing his face on cage and bleeding it was just horrible ,,,i love him so much he looks just like his son rocco who i have in my house who was born in my garage they both have no tails lol are huge i put a few pics tried to get as profile pic but can't figure out  
yes angela also curious if kitty came back. paws crossed!