Jumping on curtains

skrakablam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6 month old kitten is shy, but well behaved other than when she hits her peak in the afternoon and starts leaping on the curtains and holding on with her claws. I'm worried about the day she does that and rips through the darn things. If it were up to me I would just take them down until she was older but they have to stay up. Are there any deterrents I could use? I've read about double sided tape but it's not like she does it from the same location every time. I'm busy during the afternoon but later in the day and through the night we play whenever she wants to, I wish I had more time to play with her when I wake up but that just isn't the case.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
She will hopefully outgrow this behavior, but that doesn't help you much now.  Do you keep her claws clipped?  This will help minimize the chances she will catch one in the material and pull the curtains down.  Also, since her attacks on the curtains are fairly predictable, could you pin the curtains up during that time?  Below is an article that might help you work with her on this issue. 
[article="32827"]How To Set Healthy Boundaries For Your Cat  [/article]
Another thing that might help is increasing her vertical space.  Does she have a cat tree?   Giving her things to climb on might make the curtains less appealing.
[article="22386"]Cat Furniture  [/article]
I hope this helps.  Is that your kitten in your avatar?  She's certainly a beautiful girl.