Jumbo Litter Box For Two? Better Than Two Boxes?

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the set up we have. We built the litter box enclosure. It has two doorways on the front and one on the side. The top opens for cleaning and also doubles as a window perch. On the inside are two jumbo boxes. We use Arm&Hammer Fragrance Free litter. It's very low dust. We've used this exact set up and same brand litter for 10 years. Never any issues. The cats are happy with it I guess.
IMG_20180730_185705_hdr.jpg

IMG_20180730_185811_burst_01.jpg

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, I'm not sure how long you can use a litter box before needing to replace it, but I was off at Petco buying litter and saw this jumbo hooded litter box, with a plastic door (I don't know that I like the door part) and it got me thinking....its a 40 dollar litter box that says multi-cat. Prince and Nikita have two identical hooded pans from Pet Supermarket, 30 bucks a pop, and the hoods are separate...they both use both boxes, they seem not to care

Maybe it would be more convienent to go for that large/deep box? Certainly cosy effective when considering replacing old pans with new ones. What are your thoughts on That?

And on a side note, another litter question. What do you use? Does it matter at all? I already have a weak sense of smell, and rarely have guests over, so door doesn't bug me. I use Dr. Elseys but most just use scoop away or a cheap economy brand....then there's the whole refillable litter thing at Petco....am I wasting money buying what I am?
I have two bigger cats (11 and 13lbs) and I use 1 jumbo litter box. I think I use the one you saw at petco. It’s the catit brand hooded with the clear door. They share without a problem.