July Contest: Noses and Whiskers and Tongues...Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm going to go with this one as my official entry...was told i can only enter in one. Also a good time to note that i'm officially taking her as my own...more i thought about giving her up the more i disliked the idea. figure Onyx would be better off with company while i'm away at work than by herself.

Originally Posted by TobyT

i put in a close up of Onyx already...its Rikki's turn... enjoy...

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

OMG i
that piccie of Leya

That is one cutie nose!
Originally Posted by LDG

Yup! I'm with you! WHAT a cute picture and WHAT a cute kitty!

But this is one great subject - I love all the pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie
Awww thanks
I'll tell Leya you said that!

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, so I really could't decide between the three pics I posted before, and only two people gave their opinions! So, I was taking more photos this morning, and I decided to enter this one instead. It even shows the stripes on her whiskers (look to the right), which I find fascinating. Besides, this photo shows what a stunningly beautiful face my Miss Molly has, too!
I did get a picture of her tongue, but she just looks ridiculous and undignified in that one...and I wouldn't want to embarrass her!

Molly

P.S. Larger pic available, if needed.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like I post this picture all the time, but I love it. This is Chloe and the picture was taken on her very first day home. I love her cute little bi-colored nose and her whiskers. Her tongue looks so long in this picture! This is the full-size version, I can re-size it if that would be better...

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sweet!!!

Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Here are my sweet girls, Oreo and Snickers:

I have the original with a larger size if needed.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm changing my entry to this one of my little guy Sergey - I just love his whiskers!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

We're doing a new series of contests starring....YOUR KITTIES!

The theme for July is Noses and Whiskers and Tongues. The photo's focal point or main point of interest should be your kitty's nose or whiskers or tongue.

Rules: Only one photo per member can be submitted, but you can change your mind and post a better picture throughout the submission period. You must own the rights to the photo (i.e. if you didn't take the picture, it's not yours), it must be clear, not photoshopped (although basic altering, such as cropping, brightness, etc. is allowed), and applies to the theme of the month. No cats can be harmed for the purposes of this contest! Mildly annoyed, yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying). The winner will be chosen through a narrowing down process by the site team to the top 10 submissions, and then a popular vote via poll by the members will choose our top 3 winners!

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo, for award/future purposes. The photo size should be 480x640 (pixels) or larger so we can use it for print.

The prize will include, points, a custom signature and bragging rights for having the first, second and third place Ms. or Mr. July. The 1st place winner will also have a copy of the 2009 Cats of TheCatSite Calendar sent to them when it's finished. The calendar will include at least the top 3 place cats (possibly more depending on how close the votes are) from each monthly contest!

We also need to mention that winners may be asked to email full sized versions of the photograph to a moderator, and winning images will be used for future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and the public (see above).

Deadline for submission is July 23, 2008.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.
Let's see, I think I will enter Persi under the category tongue. Yes, it is still July 23rd, at least where I live!

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ack! I thought I had until Friday for some reason. lol

I'm torn between this two. I don't know if I should re-crop the first one so it's more of Milo's face... I just thought his out stretched paw was so cute. I guess I have to make my decision sooner than I thought.

EDIT: The first one of Milo will be my official entry.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to change my entry to this photo of Sylvestra - this one makes me smile, she looks so contented.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Changing my entry to this one of Pumpkin.

Great photos everyone, it is going to be another difficult vote. Some really awesome captures this month!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
July is now closed for submissions!

Just FYI, the July Vote may be delayed due to summer vacation(s). But, I will put up another Make-Up Month's contest tonight so we're not without anything to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.