July 11 is National Blueberry Muffin Day

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 OMGosh.. Yes, Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffin.. although there is a bakery in my city which has blueberry muffins pretty close to JM... but the Best... a box of JM blueberry muffins... such memories!!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

There are copy cat recipes for Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins. I found this video where the baker that made those did an interview and gave tips on making them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

There are copy cat recipes for Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins. I found this video where the baker that made those did an interview and gave tips on making them.

Yes, that video has been around for awhile. There's even a Jordan March recipe book that I borrowed from the library some years ago. I photo copied the blueberry muffin recipe.

Jordan's Furniture (no relation to the department store) started re-selling the muffins at the Enchanted Village last holiday season. They skipped the previous 2 years because of the pandemic, I think. There were radio ads for the Enchanted Village but no mention of the muffins until this past holiday season.

Attachments

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From what I read Macy's acquired Jordan Marsh. Macy's was busy acquiring a lot of department stores. In this area they acquired Kaufman's and Lazarus.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, Macy's bought Jordan Marsh and shuttered the bakery :angrywoman:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you LTS3 for reminding us what day it is, otherwise they’d all blur!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I did have a blueberry muffin for breakfast today... not a Jordan Marsh one, but at least it was blueberry...
I guess I am up to par on the holiday!!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will pass. I embarassed husband once when we were staying at a hotel that had a continental breakfast bar in the lobby. I took a blueberry muffin and picked out the blueberries.

Mom buys the apple pie from McDonalds all the time but she doesn't eat the whole thing. She scrapes out the pie filling and just eats the crust :cringe::headshake: She says the pie filling is "too spicy".

I once brought cookies to a party and someone picked out all the M&M candies that were in the cookies and just ate the cookie. In front of me. I felt a little insulted. There were plenty of other plain chocolate cookies she could have eaten but she specifically wanted mine for some reason, just not the M&Ms.

Anyways...

I got a blueberry muffin from Dunkin yesterday. Does that count? :lol: :yummy:
I say it counts :agree:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I will pass. I embarassed husband once when we were staying at a hotel that had a continental breakfast bar in the lobby. I took a blueberry muffin and picked out the blueberries.
Totally get this: the berries taste like mush and the muffin ditto.