Julie likes a boy...

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does take a long time to gain back trust after terrible things have happened to you. And to gain back confidence. I was raped by two men when I was 16, and have had three suicide attempts in my past. My husband knew all these things and yet that made no difference to his behaviour towards me. And it was very confusing, too, because I knew I didn't love him like I should have to have married him, I didn't respect him but I stayed with him for such a long time anyway, and he treated me like dirt, and then treated me like gold. I never felt safe with him emotionally or physically, really, and I spent a good seven years like that. In a constant state of internal struggle and confusion. Talk about doubting yourself.

When I look back on all of those things and I look at what I am now, I am so proud of myself. It's the best feeling of all - better than anything anyone else could ever give you. To have been through awful things and come out the other side liking yourself and respecting yourself, well, there's no feeling like it. Good for you!

extinctosaurus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I didn't read all the comments, and someone probably said this already, but just be honest and if there's ever a time you have to be apart for a long time, make sure you talk often
Communication is very important!!

And for me, well, sometimes I would get mad and then snap or say something mean. But then I would apologize for it (almost) immediately after... er... I guess I am trying to say, when you're angry don't be too proud??? Of course if it was his fault then he should apologize too... Man, I don't know if that makes sense; I can't phrase it correctly haha.

But... congrats!!!! New relationships are always so fun and exciting

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

2. It's good to be not just honest about the big issues, but frank about the little things, too -- and always with a sense of humo.
No, no, no... not humo. HUMOR.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck...you deserve happiness.

My big rule is before going too far physically, become good friends 1st. TALK! About anything and everything. My DH and I were friends long before we were romantically involved and we have now been married for almost 11 years.

I hope that everything works out the way you want it to.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the new relationship.
I think the best advice I can give is that if it's meant to work out it will, and if it's not that only means that the perfect guy is still out there waiting for you to find him. I think relatioships work best if you just realax. Putting too much pressure on making a relationship work, and moving too fast, usually causes a relationship to end much faster.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah... I'm just going to PM you....

We are taking this at something like 8th grade slowness. I didn't kiss him until the third date even.

I get scared if guys are too into me, like calling every day, etc. And he doesn't do that. Yesterday he texted me to say goodnight, but that was it, and that was sweet. I think he is the type to not get like that and always want time apart with friends etc which is great. My high school boyfriend would disappear for a week at a time, and it didn't really bother me (of course, I could do the same- he didn't go to my school and lived 15 minutes away)

A CoolCat- Gracias! Ojala que puedo tener buenas relaciones, finalmente. Lo merezco, yo creo. (Esta bien? Solamente aprendi Espanol en escuela)

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

A CoolCat- Gracias! Ojala que puedo tener buenas relaciones, finalmente. Lo merezco, yo creo. (Esta bien? Solamente aprendi Espanol en escuela)
Por supuesto que lo mereces querida Amiga!!!

Por cierto, tu español es fantastico,!
ninguna correción al respecto!

Thanks a lot for write me in spanish my friend, I love your effort!

Brilliant my friend and you deserves more than you think!