Juicy's getting neutered tomorrow! Question about getting nails trimmed...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh thats great to hear!
Juicy will be home before you know it!, in the mean time this gives you plenty of time to think about any questions you might want to ask the vet when you collect Juicy so have a pen and notepad handy!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news! You had to pay extra for a pain shot? Strange? Poor Baylee got gyped out of one of her pain pills when she got spayed, poor little girl - she was a trooper though.

Anyway, I'm sure Juicy will be SOO happy to see you when you pick him up! Keep us updated on how he's doing!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Oh thats great to hear!
Juicy will be home before you know it!, in the mean time this gives you plenty of time to think about any questions you might want to ask the vet when you collect Juicy so have a pen and notepad handy!
Yes, good idea. My vet always seemed rushed when I talked to her on the phone so I learned to write down all my questions in advance. That way when she tried to rush me off the phone, I could say, "I have three more questions for you" and then could articulate them clearly and concisely one by one.

I'm so glad Juicy is doing well and hope you can pass the time quickly until tomorrow! It must seem like forever!

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lacey a couple of things.

First I was scared too about trimming a cat's claws. I, too, watched the vet and asked him to show me how, in front of him I tried. Although it in itself is very easy, the hard part is having your cat allow you to do it funny enough.

It is very easy to do, and as long as you just trim the curved part of the nail you won't be trimming in to much for the claw to bleed. If you ever looked at their claws you can see through them and you can see where their "quick" starts (more or less their vein) so you just want to TRIM their claws not cut them all the way down.

I do Angel's every month. They could get trimmed sooner I just let him have them longer cause he climbs ALOT and it gives him better strength to climb up things.

Make sure you buy a bottle of Septic solution. You can put it on a cotton or Q-tip and touch the spot thats bleeding in case you ever do trim in too far from the cat moving around while you're cutting. I personally have never had to use it.

I am so so so happy that Juicy is ok and recovering and I'm sure the vet will tell you all the results about what the blood tests showed. Juicy is so loved and healthy, he'll recover in no time. Love to the both of you!

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad Juicy seems to be doing well
Keep us updated

Originally Posted by GailC

I had Bakker neutered yesterday.
I'm glad Baker is doing good too