Judge says kill dogs...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I just came across this thread, and it's really relevant to me right now.
My sister (3 dogs) had animal control at her house today, because a neighbor reported her for having more than the 2 allowed in her town. They were going to take one to the county "kill" shelter, and none of her dogs would stand a chance there, because two are quite old, and the third is a three-legged Bernhard. My mom ending up taking one of the old dogs.
My sister also learned that there's a town ordinance requiring dog owners to have a dog house (in her case, two, or one large enough for two dogs), although her dogs are kept indoors, and are only in her backyard when somebody is home to let them back inside when they're ready to come in. She's been living in that town for about twelve years, and has never heard of the ordinance. Her neighbors who have dogs also have no dog house.
I can see trying to prevent hoarding, but some of the restrictions just go too far.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I just came across this thread, and it's really relevant to me right now.
My sister (3 dogs) had animal control at her house today, because a neighbor reported her for having more than the 2 allowed in her town. They were going to take one to the county "kill" shelter, and none of her dogs would stand a chance there, because two are quite old, and the third is a three-legged Bernhard. My mom ending up taking one of the old dogs.
My sister also learned that there's a town ordinance requiring dog owners to have a dog house (in her case, two, or one large enough for two dogs), although her dogs are kept indoors, and are only in her backyard when somebody is home to let them back inside when they're ready to come in. She's been living in that town for about twelve years, and has never heard of the ordinance. Her neighbors who have dogs also have no dog house.
I can see trying to prevent hoarding, but some of the restrictions just go too far.
I do agree with you.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most urban and suburban areas I've lived have had a 2 or 3 dog limit.
In Seattle there was (probably still is) a 3 dog limit.
Beyond three requires a kennel permit.
The reason for the permit is simply to allow animal control easier access to ensure the animals are being properly cared for.
I don't disagree with a set-up of that nature as it does help to root out the hoarders.
The permits are annual and require inspection and vet records.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Most urban and suburban areas I've lived have had a 2 or 3 dog limit.
In Seattle there was (probably still is) a 3 dog limit.
Beyond three requires a kennel permit.
The reason for the permit is simply to allow animal control easier access to ensure the animals are being properly cared for.
I don't disagree with a set-up of that nature as it does help to root out the hoarders.
The permits are annual and require inspection and vet records.
Yep I agree with you. Did you hear they said the reason she wasn't able to get the permit yet was because the sanitation and shelter was inadequate. I am hoping to get more info soon. I want the correct stuff not gossip.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They send this lady to jail for having too many dogs, and sexual predators and wife abusers get slaps on the wrists... what is our world coming too? And what kind of idiot is he to tell her she should've shot the dogs? Then I guess he'd wanna put her in jail for that too!?!? I hope he loses his bench!!!!
Keep us posted on the outcome!!!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She pled guilty to neutering the neighbors dog and having to many pets. No clue what happened tot he judge...