joining the military

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NavDoc

Mferr84, what branch of service are you talking about, Air Force?

I am a retired Navy Corpsman with 20 years of service. My retirement check pays for the house and utilities. Do not know how I could own a house without it. I am currently working at Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) conducting physicals for those entering the military. If you have any questions about what happens at the MEPS, please feel free to private message me. I am willing to help you as best as I can.

I do not know how many years your husband has in the service, but if he is over 10, then he needs to take a hard look about sticking it out for 20. It is not just money to pay for a house, it is also health insurance for life for both of you. Last I looked, health insurance is very expensive. I totally understand that the service is not for everybody.

Standing by,

NavDoc
oh no, nowhere near 10, actually only 2 has he been in so far
, yea I went with him the day he went to MEPS, had to sit out front in the waiting area though, i was just hanging out with him as much as i could between things during his last day there, i took my asvab at MEPS with him though... and yes, i will join the air force, both of our families have been air force for lots of generations, dont think i could join anything else

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mferr84

well my husband will be home going to and from work every day... he will care for her, although i may send her to live with my parents (In oklahoma) while i am away, just in case he gets deployed, i wouldnt want someone to have to come and check on my kitty every day for months... plus no one takes as good of care of my kitty as i do
I see. That sounds good.
I know what you mean. Nobody can do better then Meowmy.