Johnny need a home but there some problems

tmd4422cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey this is Johnny..... When I first let Johnny inside he wasn't marking until now.... He is a nice funny kitty it just that he not netured I am a child in 7th grade.... Mom is about not to let Johnny inside because the spraying is not healthy...... Do you have any tips to get him m
To stop marking...... The problem is that if we did get him netur would it be too late.... Mom can't afford another cat.......any tips to get him to stop spraying? Please....... I am frustrated..... I was going to give him a home but there no shelters that don't kill cats.........:O All Johnny wants is love..... :doh3:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm not sure why you think it's too late to get him neutered. It's true that some cats will continue to spray after being neutered, but many more will stop the behavior. Aside from the spraying issue, if you have an unneutered outdoor cat you will end up with more kittens in the area whether anyone can afford them or not. I really hope you can convince your mom to get him neutered.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed. I see in another post, you had a very pregnant female roaming around too, so this is already becoming problematic. I know you said the shelters in your area are not no-kill, but it would help to find/Google rescues in the general area (nearest big city, for example) because there are programs or rescuers who will go out of their way on their own rescue projects. Especially considering your age and current situation, they know your abilities are relatively limited compared to an adult who is active in rescue and has the funds and resources to care for strays.

The largest humane society in my big city takes cats from rural areas far out of their region who are brought in and vetted by rescuers who have taken on their own personal cases to help people who are in over their heads with caring for strays. The best thing you (/your family) can do is either neuter the cats you see and/or have or reach out to a rescue group who can offer assistance in this regard.

It's never too late to spay or neuter. Sometimes it can be habit forming, and thus the earlier you can put a stop to those hormones, the better.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some vets will neuter a feral/stray cat for a lower cost. Maybe if you call around and ask, your mom would be more willing to have him neutered. My local Humane Society has a clinic for low cost spaying/neutering. Maybe yours does too. 

Bless your sweet heart for wanting to help Johnny. He's lucky to have a friend like you.