Jimmy is having a breakthrough!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH............the cats....... the love love love their new food!!!! IT took very little to fill them up... And I spelt it wrong. It is Felidae....... It's easier to spell "cot fod"..

Four in the car..........One in the house.

And check out these ingredients.. They look good..... I am so excited by this food. I had never heard of it until a week or so ago.. sharky told me about it in a thread.. This is their diet from now on.

This is the pre storage shed for organizing husband....... It is bigger than the truck.. He doesn't know it but since we moved we don't have a basement to store stuff. I rent a storage shed. I found one at lowes that is tin and 10x14 that you put together yourself for under 500.00 I want it. He needs to pour me a slab. This would actually save us money since we wouldn't be paying for a storage shed...

He has not seen his rubbermaid storage shed yet.... He has no idea it is 6' tall. I think he believes I bought a little shelf.. hehe

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cow got out today...... When I tried to catch her, she bit the heck out me. Scratched me up and down the arms and sunk her teeth into my thumb and wrist. She got me pretty darn good.... I had to let her go. She likes our house and likes living with us but that is just how she is. She lived on her own for six years before we came along and old habits die hard.

Her security is the enclosure. I saw her hanging around the door so I got the other cats in the enclosure to go in the house, opened the enclosure door and in she went...

I forgot how wild she was........ I won't make that mistake again. I used peroxide on my wounds. At least I know she is healthy and I won't get anything from her. She is one tough mama...

We decided today............as we expand the enclosure, we are leaving the door on it that we have now to close the cats off if need be and plan on sectioning the rest off as a seperate area so in the event this occurs again, we can close the others off and open one door so they can reenter their enclosure..... I see the point in this now... I have read how others had their enclosure sectioned off..... Very wise move to do that...

She is over her trauma now and is laying on the couch content. She lets me pet her now. Not purring but happier..... Definately happier.... wow......

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow Jenn!

Keep an eye on those wounds to make sure they heal from the inside out. You may have to keep something like Neosporin on them as you heal to keep fighting that kitty bacteria to avoid cellulites.

I know how easy that can happen. When we get so comfortable and friendly with the ones that were once so wild, it's easy to forget the damage they can do. I seem to always have some scratches and have been bitten in the past.

Poor Jenn and poor Cow. You girls quit yer bickerin' now!

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You girls quit yer bickerin' now!
THAT IS SO FUNNY!!!

Some of my wounds are deep. She sunk her teeth straight into the side of my wrist. And held on. She just missed that big vein. She made darn sure I would not try to pick her up a second time..
It hurt like hell when it happened. Like getting a blood oxygen level test done. You ever had one of those..? Yikes.... While she was hanging on to my wrist with her teeth, she used her disembowling technique that she has perfected through the years on my other arm.... I couldn't get loose till she let me loose.......

I came in the house and told Juan "Well, Cow kitty is an outside cat now. She has decided"...

He was the one that suggested opening the enclosure and see if she would go inside. She went in within two mintues of it being open...

Here she is now... And she is still a little perturbed at me... I can pet her but no way am I putting my face near her at this time... She has a split personality.....hehehehe My mental cat... [but she can't help it
]

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jenn...keep a close eye on those wounds.
If they start to look red, go to an emergency room immediately.

Jenn & Cow

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will XO....... Husband is freaked out over my wounds.. The one on my wrist does NOT look infected but it hurts so bad I can't hardly stand it. It's a little swollen but that is understandable due to the injury. It's a little bit warm when I touch my lips to it. The wounds on my other arm are fine. I think her tooth hit the bone on my wrist. I bet her poor little tooth hurts too.

But I will keep an eye on it. Husband is so fanatical that I have no choice but to watch it...... My wrist will proably be better tomorrow. It's just that her tooth went all the way in and I don't know if it scraped the bone or stopped on the bone but the bone is sore...........ooooo so sore.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went for emergency treatment after a deep cat bite.
They took it very seriously.
Jenn....I am not kidding,
You probably need to have it deep cleaned and be on very strong antibiotics.

When you get a deep bite, the bacteria in deposited far down where it thrives.
If is goes systemic, it could become life threatening quickly.
Juan is not overreacting....
It sounds like you should get it treated.
Here are a couple of links from members threads about cat bites....
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...highlight=bite

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...highlight=bite

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm ok....... I'm watching it.. I promise. It is not as red today.

Don't have much time. Need to leave for work in 1 minute. I saw your PS msg xo. Will answer at work when we slow down. It's friday..... Ye haw

Here's Jimmy watching me get ready for work. See how close he stands to me..... Just a couple feet from me. He is close to the safey of the dresser but he is in the open... doing good!!!!!!!!!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A big part of Jimmy wants to give up his fear.
It will happen under your care Jenn.

Your bite sounds like it is doing better.
That is great news.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on those wounds, I would also put an antibiotic cream or something on it too.

Sending you some hugs from Mississippi.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wounds are fine you silly girls........... I promise..... I just finished draining them.

and yeah.. a big part of Jimmy want to be loved on. Elly saw it too..... Last March, I could not even walk past the door of the room he was in. It would make him hide for hrs..

I have noticed he also does better or "seems more relaxed" if I am squatting down and more on the same level with him...

He listens to me talk now...

He WILL get there one day. But it will be in his own time. He takes progress in spurts, digests it for awhile and then moves ahead once again.

He is a learning boy........

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

wounds are fine you silly girls........... I promise..... I just finished draining them.

and yeah.. a big part of Jimmy want to be loved on. Elly saw it too..... Last March, I could not even walk past the door of the room he was in. It would make him hide for hrs..

I have noticed he also does better or "seems more relaxed" if I am squatting down and more on the same level with him...

He listens to me talk now...

He WILL get there one day. But it will be in his own time. He takes progress in spurts, digests it for awhile and then moves ahead once again.

He is a learning boy........
And you have the patience of a Saint too, I know Jimmy will come around. I just know he will.

By the way, how is Toe feeling? and how is Charlie doing?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

Draining them????

you're kidding....right?

Jimmy is a learning boy.

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Jenn,

Every time I see pics of your Jimmy I think of how similar he is to my Sylvester. Sylvester is a feral that has been very resistant to trusting. He's almost 7 years old now and this winter I decided he was coming in and staying in till we turn into friends. He is the mildest tempered cat I know and is so easily frightened so I've probably hindered his progress in the past because I didn't want to push him.

A few years back I had brought him in for the winter and we got to where I could feed him yogurt off a spoon and brush him and he loved it. The minute I let him out for the Spring though it was all as if he had never been in a house or around people. That's why this time he is now a house cat till I can get an enclosure built. Here is a couple pics of Sylvester.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Draining them????

you're kidding....right?

Jimmy is a learning boy.
I was hoping she was kidding too. She better be kidding.

You are kidding about draining them aren't you Jenn?

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've probably hindered his progress in the past because I didn't want to push him
Tru, go into details about this. Sylvester sound like JImmy and Sylvester is BEATUIFUL!!!! He looks so sweet..... awwwwwwwwww.....

draining smaining blaining.......... I just meant I took the scab off one of them so it could heal from the inside out.

They are not infected. I doctor them daily. Slight reddness, slight puffiness, no signs of infection. How it looks is normal for the type of wound it is. I am keeping it very clean. Believe me, my husband would take me to the doctor if they were infected even if I protested... Promise! The bone is not sore any longer..... I know her tooth hit it but it is ok....

The wrist looks less tramatic than my other arm. My wrist is healing fine.. the scratch is a little irritated looking and curly on the edges but healing normally in my opinion...

And if it managed to get infected, I have antibiotics here at the house...

..............hehe..... thank you for caring.. Yall are worryworts but that's so sweet.I will
to the doc if it get's infected......

I love yall too.............Jenn.

When it heals, I'll send ya a pic.....!