Jerry going in for a colonoscopy......any advice?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not Advice, my friend...
I don´t have experience about it...

BUT many good wishes to him and my prayers too!

Keep us up-dated about it my friend!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Have any of you ever been scoped down the throat, an endoscopy I think? Do they put you in the twilight zone for that too?
I had everything done at the same time
. The upper endoscopy will make his throat a bit sore afterwards, but nothing too major. I had a Bravo PH monitor attached to my esophagus right after the scop was preformed...that bothered me the most
, I could feel it everytime i swallowed or ate anything...It falls off after a week (you wear a tiny monitor on the side of your pants like a beeper and it records the PH levels in your esophogus...mine were off the charts
)They will knock him out cold for an upper endoscopy- if he has to have both a colonoscopy & upper scope- please,please, please for his own sanity (and the amount of starvation time
) Make him have them done at the same time and just get it over with. It's much easier that way
After both procedures- he can eat as normal. Like i said in a previous post though- he will need someone to drive him home afterwards- he will be too dopped up to drive. Also- make sure he insists on them giving him the pill laxatives instead of the liquids- they are a lot less trouble and work just as well. The only thing that will bother him is the prep- he should be just fine after the procedures are preformed. I promise....i'm only 21 & have had all of those tests- if i can do it, so can you hubby
. Also, they will give him the option of being awake during the procedure- i don't recommend it, if i were him, i'd ask to be completely sedated.
Good luck!

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Have any of you ever been scoped down the throat, an endoscopy I think? Do they put you in the twilight zone for that too?
Yeah, I was out. They did it right after the colonoscopy (hahaha, just a thought...I sure hope they used a different camera
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hummm...kinda makes me glad i was sounds asleep for that....that's mildly disghusting lol-gross!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Hummm...kinda makes me glad i was sounds asleep for that....that's mildly disghusting lol-gross!

Well, Jerry has to be at the hospital at 11 tomorrow.......he starts drinking all this stuff today at 3........ugh. And no food........double ugh!

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Well, Jerry has to be at the hospital at 11 tomorrow.......he starts drinking all this stuff today at 3........ugh. And no food........double ugh!
Wish him good luck! Also, do you have an electric blanket or something for him to use tonight? He's going to be ice cold after drinking all that stuff. When my dad had his done he felt like a glacier!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LoveMyBabies

Wish him good luck! Also, do you have an electric blanket or something for him to use tonight? He's going to be ice cold after drinking all that stuff. When my dad had his done he felt like a glacier!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

I hope everything goes well tomorrow, Susie! We'll all be thinking of you and Jerry!
Aww thanks Colleen!
He's almost done drinking his "laxative" BOY, was that jug big!!