Jelly like stool

meltedhour

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitten (8 months) had diarrhea last month. As per her vets advice I gave her probiotics and switched her food temporarily to royal canin’s gastrointestinal dry food, and her stool was back to normal again. However, in the last three days, I noticed her morning stool is normal yet in the evening it’s soft almost like diarrhea again.
Just a few hours ago, I noticed a jelly like substance, clear yellow in color, sticking to her behind. Also soft stool in her litterbox. I’m very worried but she’s acting normal—eating, drinking, jumping around, etc. I wanted to bring her to the vet but I could only do so in a few days due to money problems. Any advice or does anyone have an experience with this? Thankyou in advance

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I noticed you said her food was switched temporarily, so I thought perhaps you stopped giving the special diet food to her and that is what is causing the diarrhea to recur? A jelly-like substance sounds like mucus, which can be a sign of some sort of intestinal issue.

You could take a fecal sample, with the jelly-like substance, to your vet for testing. Collect it in a baggie and if you can't take it right away to the vet, keep it refrigerated until you can. Also, call and make sure your vet will accept a sample without seeing your kitten at the same time.