Jello Shooters?

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi guys!

Tomorrow night I am having an end of the semester party with some friends from nursing school. I'm gonna make some jello shooters for us, but I've never made them before! Any special tips I need to know before I make them? Cause I've heard of people having trouble getting them to set, etc. Any help from TCS?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They don't set well because vodka (I assume that is what you are using) doesn't gel. I remember throwing them in the freezer to help them set but check on them a lot to make sure they don't actually freeze solid. They shouldn't - alcohol doesn't freeze. You just gave me a flashback to the past - can't remember much of unfortunately! LOL

Have one for me please!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
oh my. you can tell I am really tired right now and my brain is in a state of complete meltdown... when I first read your post, I thought you said you were making jello shooters for your friends from nursery school. I was wondering how appropriate it would be to give little kids jello shooters

I REALLY need to go to bed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

oh my. you can tell I am really tired right now and my brain is in a state of complete meltdown... when I first read your post, I thought you said you were making jello shooters for your friends from nursery school. I was wondering how appropriate it would be to give little kids jello shooters

ROFL! I bet that gave you a little shock, huh?

And Momofmany, I'll make sure to have one for you!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing like a bunch of health care professionals getting together for Jello Shooters! Bwahahaha! (I graduated from Hurley School of Nursing in December 1992!)

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Yeah, maybe it would be a good idea to get some sleep!!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Nothing like a bunch of health care professionals getting together for Jello Shooters! Bwahahaha! (I graduated from Hurley School of Nursing in December 1992!)
Then you know how much we deserve a party night!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they did. I liked that this one had some info, not just a recipe.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One girl I used to work with made them every new yrs eve and brought them to work. Her I and I would have some by noon !!!
She would buy those little cups like you fill with catsup at certain restaurants. I think she used half water and half vodka. Search for jello shots in a search engine as I know that there was a site with lots of recipes. Don't forget the canned whipped cream either.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooh - better than canned whipped cream (though that is fun) is whip up some cream, then add some Goddiva White Chocolate liquor.
Party on!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everybody! I'm heading to wal-mart to get snacks and stuff, I'll let you know tomorrow how it went!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How did it go?
My friends and I made this every morning on Spring Break our senior year of high school when we went to Panama City Beach, Florida. We took them out to the beach every morning. Watch out if you've never had them...you won't feel them at first and then they'll hit you when you don't expect it!!!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaceyDF

How did it go?
My friends and I made this every morning on Spring Break our senior year of high school when we went to Panama City Beach, Florida. We took them out to the beach every morning. Watch out if you've never had them...you won't feel them at first and then they'll hit you when you don't expect it!!!
Oh I forgot to post back! It went really great, we all had a great time! The shooters turned out fairly well, if I do say so myself, for my first time making them. Yeah, I knew to be careful b/c last year my roommate had a little get together like this, that was the only other time I'd had them and they hit me pretty hard that night!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
one time I made them with rum (substituted for the water, although I was later told that you should use half water and half alcohol) but anyhow they gelled up perfect and we were all drunk pretty fast! Well the hurricanes and the shots of black velvet helped too