Jealous Cat, advice please?

danielle gooch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1 of my cats is very jealous of the other. 

Joey has been sleeping in a shoe box on top of our wardrobe for the last few months but last night Lily plucked up the courage and slept in the shoe box. When Joey realised he attacked Lily until she jumped down, he then also jumped down and fell asleep on our bed. What can I do to stop this from happening? There is more than 1 box up their and between them they have 5 beds scattered around our place so they always have somewhere comfy to sleep. 

Joeys not normally like this so I'm a little bit concerned. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unless fur was really flying; I don't know that I'd worry too much.  He sees it as his space and she invaded it.  They sound like human children when one takes the other's favorite toy.  If he is only being territorial over the one box I wouldn't worry.  You could remove that box and see what happens; but it may not be necessary, at least not yet.  

Cats do have their own hierarchy with things.  My lap is the prized bed in my house.  Noodles will only sit in my lap if Mooch isn't around.  If Mooch comes she will jump down and run off.  But with food; its the reverse.  Noodles eats first, Mooch takes a few bites and then sits back to watch Noodles till she is done, then she finishes.