Jazzy's breed.

kittyluvluv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Jazzabelle wandered up to me as a small kitten. I've always thought she looked a lot like a Norwegian Forest Cat. Any guess what breed she may be or descended from. I know finding a solid breed is rare now.. but she really is incredibly unique looking and no matter how precious she is, does have a slightly wild nature about her. Thanks!!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's no breed at all - a moggie - and she is beautiful.  Most cats have no pedigree ancestors though it seems in the US the pointed pattern pops up far more often than in the UK, and that has come from a pedigree ancestor and quite possibly many years ago.

Also remember that both the Norway Forest Cat, and the Maine Coon are two of many 'natural' breeds - selected from the moggies of the area they originated in - so you will find moggies from time to time with some of their appearance.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oriental Slave is right - cats are not like dogs, where all dogs originate from a 'breed' and even mongrela can often be identified as having breed characteristics. 'Breed' cats come from the natural cats who have evolved in various places - long haired int he north, pointed cats in desert and hot places, etc. So unless you know your cat has pedigree parents and you have papers to prove it, you can only say that your cat is a cat, maybe 'looking like' some particular breed.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As already said a moggie, looks like she's landed on her feet by following you home, what a lucky girl

Last edited: