Jaundice!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear your kitty is hanging in there. Don't worry about the science diet. Right now she needs whatever she can handle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

livedeeply

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just fed her again, and, dare I say it, she seems a little more fiesty! Also, she doesn't feel as bony. Husband said he noticed the same thing. Hope she's gaining weight! Well, it seems like I'm feeding her enough for three cats every day.

livedeeply

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried, but she's not touching anything. I try every day to show it to her, though. And check the food dish every time I'm in there. I'll keep it up.

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kitty Girl seems very quiet tonight,,,she is drinking water but not interested in eating. She threw up before, i think from the trauma of the car ride, vet visit and shots. I have to give her another dose of antibiotic at 1:30 am...right before i go to work.
If I have to force feed her(hope not) but if i do, how do you do it...a large syringe? I have nine lives canned food but i will go get whatever she might need. I also bought that vita-gravy and cat-milk
I know about being broke..i hounded my customers(i deliver papers) for the money they owe me to give the vet some money that i owe him. he was real cool about it. onlycharged me 20 for the visit today, shots and meds...he is a good guy. Not in it for the money..he loves the animals Anyway, I am still praying for your kitty and everyday that she is fighting is a good thing.
Let me know how u feed her
thanks and take care...god bless you!

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r...1171160248.pbw

livedeeply

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Someone on here said that a large syringe is better. I didn't have much choice, I had to use one I already had. 10cc size that was leftover from when I got my wisdom teeth out, meant for rinsing the sockets. I cut the opening larger so the food would go through. As long as she gets food in her, it's good, I think.

Worried about kitty... she seems even more subdued today. Hasn't played for the past three days. Will she last till Friday? ...Will we even have any money left over for the vet on Friday? So worried.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by livedeeply

Someone on here said that a large syringe is better. I didn't have much choice, I had to use one I already had. 10cc size that was leftover from when I got my wisdom teeth out, meant for rinsing the sockets. I cut the opening larger so the food would go through. As long as she gets food in her, it's good, I think.

Worried about kitty... she seems even more subdued today. Hasn't played for the past three days. Will she last till Friday? ...Will we even have any money left over for the vet on Friday? So worried.
Don't worry about the syringe size if that's all you have. That is what I used for Jake. I just filled in 3-4 times each time I was feeding him.

I don't know what to tell you about kitty being subdued today. All I can tell you from my experience is that Jake had days like that too. And even had a couple in a row. The only thing you can do at this point, may be just to make sure she's getting fed and is pooping and peeing. Hopefully you'll be able to get her back to the vet on Friday.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You said she isn't eating on her own. Have you tried finger feeding her? When Willow decided not to eat, I found that putting a little food on a spoon and touching it to her nose enticed her to eat a little on her own. It wasn't much, so I still had to syringe her some food, but it was a start at getting her to eat on her own again.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes to what cloud_shade said, and also warming the food slightly often helps, because they can smell it more easily. Bless you for all you're doing to help your kitty through this... our thoughts are with you both.

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How is your Kitty doing? I hope better!
Kitty Girl is eating very little..I made her boiled chicken and she takes a few nibbles. She seems weak. I just made her drink 1 teaspoon of that fortified cats milk with a small syringe. I want to see if she keeps it down. I kept putting wet cat food on her mouth so she licks it off..but this is not enough nutrition for her..she is so flipping skinny. I am going to go get KMR later on and feed her with a syringe several times a day. Her belly is so big..I think from not eating good. Vet said she has nothing serious wrong with her and antibiotic will help....trying to be patient!!! She is breaking my heart...Please keep me informed about ur kitty..oh by the way...Kitty's name is?

livedeeply

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well... I know, it has been odd speaking of my kitty as "kitty." But I'm doing it on purpose. She has a really unique name, it'd certainly turn up on a search engine, and... I'd be ashamed for anyone who knows me to find out how broke I am right now. Plus, my parents would be absolutely agast at how much money I've spent on her. They're the type to only go to a doctor if a bone is broken, y'see. A human bone. Depression-era thinking... save your aluminum foil for later use.

She's still really subdued. It's been decently warm here in Florida the past couple of days, so I've been taking her out back on the screened-in porch so she can get fresh air and see the birds and insects. So she can see that there's stuff to live for. She's not moving much, or making any noises... I wonder if it's that she's in pain? I know when I'm in pain, I'm quiet, and all my concentration is on my insides, not on fun stuff to chase....

I'm out of Science Diet, so I'm going to have to feed her Nutro kitten, which I still have a few of. Is it better? (She wouldn't even look at the adult kind.)

Thanks for the kind words, guys!

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Believe me..I understand..you have no idea on how much! I am glad you live in a warmer climate and ur kitty can get fresh air. I live in suburb of Cleveland and we are in a deep freeze! I keep covering her cuz my house is so chilly.
I got KMR and I am feeding her 1 teaspoon every hour or so and if she keeps that in I will increase it to 1 1/2 to 2 tomorrow..I also got her some Proplan kitten food, thinking that it is high in calories and vitamins she nibbles on a tiny bit every so often. I can't understand what happened and why she looks so bad, I feed them good cat food and just can't figure it out.
I also have in-laws that just don't get it, they have big bucks and I mean alot! There son(my husband) is ill and I only work...tighten our belts they say...I want to just scream..I can't afford the **** belt to tighten!! Thank god 3 out of 4 kids I have are grown up! It makes it easier.
Well. let me know about "Kitty" and I send my good thoughts and prayers
any other ideas on feeding let me know.
I never heard of Nutro-Kitten but check the label...I am sure it has vitamins..that is what she needs now the most

livedeeply

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today she can't keep anything down. I'm afraid this might be it.

I got a wet washcloth and cleaned all of the food off her, thinking that we can hold her and give her cuddles tonight, at least, without being trapped in a towel. Because she's been moving so little.

She REALLY tried to get away after that, though, so who knows. I've put her back in the bathroom where it's a bit warmer so she can finish drying.

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And ur vet said all the tests came back ok? how old is your kitty? If my Kitty Girl does not perk up by tomorrow..we are going back to the vet....we cn figure out somekind of payment plan... she is just so weak and I am not sure what to do. I did two teaspoons in the syringe....my husband said she was gagging in the middle of the night but did not throw up..I just don't know anymore Keep praying for the best!!

livedeeply

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, she's still here! We were frantically thinking about taking her to the vet yesterday, but still not enough money. She was able to keep a little down last night, thank goodness. I'll let you know if anything changes. Oh, she's 2.5 years old. Way too young for this! Yes, the tests all came back fine. They HAD to have missed something in the physical.

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took Kitty Girl to the vet this mo rning...she has been throwing up all night.
He said she has feline intestional parasite...she could have been born with it or bitten by another cat which is highly unlikely cuz i had her since she was a week old. So, she was probably born with it. He said she was not going to get better and she was suffering, so i did the humane thing and had her put down, I stayed with her and held her to the end..I feel terrible but , I knew it in my heart that she was not going to get better. She went very peaceful and I will miss her so bad. I hope and pray that your Kitty gets better..take care

livedeeply

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awh, Laurie, I'm so sorry! I'm sure you did the right thing, though. My sympathies.

laurie314

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thankyou for your kind words...Please livedeeply...tell me how ur kitty is...I pray she will be ok. Now gotta keep an eye on the other 3 for symptoms...there is a vaccine but it is not approved yet...experimental...not ready to use them for experiments..just got to hope and pray for the best