Jan (Gemlady) needs our vibes/prayers

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you to all my forum friends for carring about me.

I am doing better and still on oral antibiotics for a few more days. (Just wish they didn't upset my stomach - even when taken with food.
)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I am doing better and still on oral antibiotics for a few more days. (Just wish they didn't upset my stomach - even when taken with food.
)
Hope they're not interfering with your chocolate appetite.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

)
....NONE of beers JAN!...

you take care very well of you!...

...Just kidding!.-...

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Hope they're not interfering with your chocolate appetite.
My chocolate comsumption has been down these past couple of weeks. I have a 3 ounce bag of M&Ms that still have some left - after being opened several days ago. I did have a chocolate ice cream bar earlier.

Originally Posted by CoolCat

....NONE of beers JAN!...

you take care very well of you!...

...Just kidding!.-...
Yes, I have been a good girl and not drinking any beer.

Or tequila.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

)
I had the same thing, Cellulitis (I had it in my neck and shoulder). It's no fun, as you know all too well. Did they give you the pill forms of the antibiotics? I couldn't after about a week, as one got stuck in my throat (never could take pills well, esp. big old horse ones). So they had me on one chewable (almost as bad as the pills), and one liquid. I had to take four teaspoons of the liquid, so I had it down: one, then half a soda cracker, then the second spoonful, the other half. and repeat twice more. That got REALLY old, REALLY fast. I knew when I felt like cooking, I was on my way to normal. I started cooking after three weeks. Scrambled eggs. I think the chocolate started as soon as I could get my hands on some!!

it sounds like you've had it before, so you know the drill. Hope you don't have to take the antibiotics as long as I did... which IV antibiotic did they have you on in the hospital? If any. I think I read early on they did.

Feel better soon... I know it takes a little while to get back up to normal.

Amanda

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Amanda.
I have 2 days of Clindomycin left - yep, big old capsules - and have to make sure I drink plenty of water to flush it down.,

I was on Vancomycin while in the hospital. After the third dose, they had to start another IV line as it was getting painful when it entered the vein. I think after the fourth dose they had me on another antibiotic. Hard to remember as I wasn't sleeping well and my back was acting up (because of the hospital bed).

I came home with a bag of Arby's roast beef sandwiches because I didn't want to cook. (Gotta love microwaves.) So far the extent of my cooking has been baking rolls to nibble and broiling hamburger patties.

My nephew's daughter has been coming after school to check on me and do some chores. She's been a big help.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My nephew's daughter has been coming after school to check on me and do some chores. She's been a big help.
Thats so sweet. I'm glad you have someone around to help ou out

It's nice to see you are on the mend, and feeling better...even though it may be a slow recovery, a little better each day is better than not.

Its great to see you posting more too

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks, Amanda.
I have 2 days of Clindomycin left - yep, big old capsules - and have to make sure I drink plenty of water to flush it down.,

I was on Vancomycin while in the hospital. After the third dose, they had to start another IV line as it was getting painful when it entered the vein. I think after the fourth dose they had me on another antibiotic. Hard to remember as I wasn't sleeping well and my back was acting up (because of the hospital bed).

I came home with a bag of Arby's roast beef sandwiches because I didn't want to cook. (Gotta love microwaves.) So far the extent of my cooking has been baking rolls to nibble and broiling hamburger patties.

Hi Jan. Glad to hear you are getting better albeit slowly. Nieces can be wonderful little creatures can't they! Is fuzzybutt helping you out? I just know Topaz is a big help - Bijou says she cannot do any wrong.

Keep us posted hon.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, great niece has been a great help, but seemed to balk when I suggested a sponge bath.

The fuzzybutts are their usual fuzzybuttiness. Topaz will curl up with me during the night and Ari has been giving me my chest massages and shedding all over the computer.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The fuzzybutts are their usual fuzzybuttiness. Topaz will curl up with me during the night and Ari has been giving me my chest massages and shedding all over the computer.
Because you have the best team of NursePetMeowmy that someone can have!...

Awwwww I envy you Jan!...
I mean the Massage!...

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks, Amanda.

Once they admitted me, they had me on Vanco (once you wrote it, I remembered) the whole time... had to change IV sites pretty much once a day. Brutal stuff. My friends took me to their place, refusing to let me go home until I could stand and function by myself. After three days, I was ready to go home to my own cats, a ton of microwave meals, and my own bed. One of my favorite frozen foods that time was Amy's Organic Macaroni & Cheese. Pop in the microwave, and you have what I've figured is the closest to 'from scratch' M&C. Ooohh... now I want to pick some up when I hit the store later today... but i literally tried nearly every frozen meal type out there.

Glad to hear things are looking up, and you have someone to come check on you.

Amanda

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning Queenie how are you today?...

but seemed to balk when I suggested a sponge bath.
OMG! Queenie you´re the death!...

What about the Booze my friend?...
there aren´t allowed my friend!...
even the Chocolates filled with Tequila or Wiskey!...

...J Kidding!

I hope today you feel a bit BETTER than yesterday!..

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My chocolate comsumption has been down these past couple of weeks. I have a 3 ounce bag of M&Ms that still have some left - after being opened several days ago. I did have a chocolate ice cream bar earlier.
When I hear that Jan's chocolate consumption is on the rise, I'll know she's truly on the mend.