Jake has an appointment to be neutered!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just did- He is in there now with his food, water, litter and bed...I turned off the light in there so hopefully he will calm down...I might keep him in there for another day..

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just hope i'm not stressing him out even more..he is meowing in there

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ut0pia

oh wow really? He seems to put his paws in the water and then lick them...He is still really crazy...I'm thinking of moving him to the bathroom to keep him from hurting himself..He can't jump on those counters yet.
make sure it's fairly dark in there - maybe just a nighlight? my vet told me the anesthesia causes some hallucinatory effects. he probably can't really 'see' the water, so he's touching it.

luv furbabies

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am glad to hear that Jake did well!

My little Levi goes in next week for his, I called today to ask the price, 30.00 AND they keep them overnight after surgery just for the reason as you are experiencing,,, THEY can have unpredictable responses to going under.

I can't get him to the vet by 730am as they need so, I have to drop him off the night before!! THIS is killing me!! I can't stand that he will be alone for that long. I asked if they give them pain medication after the surgery, and they said IF YOU PAY US 10.00 WE WILL!!! WHAT?? Souldn't that be included in the price of the surgery?

Do boys need pain medication?? I don't want to give them money for this and they don't even give him anything. I was confused by that.

WELL, I'm glad Jake is doing well, tell him that only because of his story is Levi getting his "BOYS" chopped...

Melissa

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He stayed fairly calm throughout the night and at 5 am started meowing again and I let him out a little. He is not as crazy right now but still isn't sleeping.
Originally Posted by laureen227

make sure it's fairly dark in there - maybe just a nighlight? my vet told me the anesthesia causes some hallucinatory effects. he probably can't really 'see' the water, so he's touching it.
The only light that was on in the bathroom was the one coming from the street light...What you said would explain his behavior!! Poor baby I can't wait until he is 100% his real self again.

Originally Posted by Luv Furbabies

WELL, I'm glad Jake is doing well, tell him that only because of his story is Levi getting his "BOYS" chopped...

Melissa
Hehe I sure will!! He still did the thing with the sock last night lol even after surgery. He has an extreme sex drive is the way I explain it to myself...

I didn't get pain medication but I did see that they offer it for extra charge. I think it's too much no need to poison his liver and kidneys.

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Molly was acting crazy last night as well.....doing the same thing with the water....she didn't settle til I took her in my bedroom and just lied with her ...she finally fell asleep at 10 pm or so...and today is fine

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nance

My Molly was acting crazy last night as well.....doing the same thing with the water....she didn't settle til I took her in my bedroom and just lied with her ...she finally fell asleep at 10 pm or so...and today is fine
Wow that thing with the water is pretty strange and unbelievable how it seems that many cats react that way. I am glad she settled down!! I could never get Jake to lie with me the only way he settles down if he is alone in a boring room lol. If someone is there he gets even more crazy...He spilled his water again this morning so I don't think he is 100% back to his old self but he is sleeping now which is great ...I'm so glad Molly is acting normal again

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Jake will be fine today to I suspect...Molly was knocking over her water again when she woke up...besides that she is acting totally fine....to fine in fact....hard to keep her quiet...I have had several cats "fixed" b4 but I don't recall them acting this way...Mostly the females would hide for the rest of the night...the males all seemd fine when they came home....weird

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nance

Jake will be fine today to I suspect...Molly was knocking over her water again when she woke up...besides that she is acting totally fine....to fine in fact....hard to keep her quiet...I have had several cats "fixed" b4 but I don't recall them acting this way...Mostly the females would hide for the rest of the night...the males all seemd fine when they came home....weird
How old is Molly? I think the younger they are the faster they recover...at least that's the impression I got from reading the forms .

nance

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Molly is 6 months old...I have never had a pet done any earlier...most were between 6 and 9 months old....

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The breeder told me Cleo was ok when she got home and wantedto play.
She was 3.5 months then and 3.18 pounds.
Meeko is 8.5 years old and had pain but she had pyo also.
She jumped off the table at the vets when we went to get her.
She took the bandage off her front paw where the iv was before we left also.
We tried a the cone thing and she went nuts so we did not use it and she was fine.
All my other cats were younger then her when they were fixed.
Did yourcats get ivs?

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think Jake got an IV. It says he got an antibiotic injection and a metacam injection but doesn't say anything about IV.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meeko got all that.
First thing she did before we even left the vets was take the bandage off from the iv.
Her paw was bruised from it and was purple.
She is fine now.