Jack's sire joins our breeding program!

catslave101

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have always loved bengals. Oe of my favourite breeds. Number 1 being siamese.
Well I was just wondering...how much does a bengal cost? I have been looking to get one for quite some now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatSlave101

I have always loved bengals. Oe of my favourite breeds. Number 1 being siamese.
Well I was just wondering...how much does a bengal cost? I have been looking to get one for quite some now.
The pricing varies quite a bit depending on lineage, color and pattern type. Typical price ranges when purchasing from a good breeder are $800 to $1500 for a pet only with no show or breed rights.

Beware of the bengals you may see listed in the local paper or elswhere for $200 to $400. These are likely back yard breeders selling low quality animals.

The old adage, "you get what you pay for" applies here.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to thank everyone for your responses about Steely.

We will breed him to our silver girls, Platinum and Sage, that will ensure all silver kittens in each litter.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow...stunningly gorgeous! And that still seems to be an understatement! I can only dream of owning such an exotic-looking little man! I can see why you are so excited to have him!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

We will breed him to our silver girls, Platinum and Sage, that will ensure all silver kittens in each litter.
How exciting - those kittens are going to be GORGEOUS!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

How exciting - those kittens are going to be GORGEOUS!
I certainly hope they will be. Steely has mated with Platinum several times before with stunning results. The Sage mating will be a first, but knowing what Sage produces, we might be in for even nicer offspring.

Genetics is funny though, just never know.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he is so gorgeous! I love your cats! Good luck with the upcoming breedings

catfur

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I have a comment and a question.

The comment: Silver is a dominant trait, any cat showing the phenotype need only carry one copy of the gene. Therefore, unless one of the parents is homozygous (carries two copies of the gene) for silver, in which case all offspring will be silver regardless of what the other parent is, only 75% of the offspring of a silver-silver pairing will be silver, 25% will be homozygous for silver, 50% will be heterozygous for silver (these two together make up the 75% that will be silver), and 25% will be normal (non-silver).

The question: What the heck happens when you mix silver with the snow colors (lynx, sepia & mink)? This is one cat genetics mix I've not seen, heard nor read about, and is really only likely in the Bengal breed.