Jack's home!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Sophie seems a little distant with me at the moment though, so i think we both need a little one on one time together tonight when Jack comes back from the vet
Is Jack going to the vet for his kitten check-up Susan?
Will look forward to a full report about this event.

Awwwww....they touched noses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Is Jack going to the vet for his kitten check-up Susan?
He is Lei
He's already had one with his siblings when his foster mum took them for their first injections last week, but since i offered to pay for all of Jacks injections, microchipping and neuter myself so the Cats Protection can save some money, Jack only had his heart, eyes, ears etc... checked over and they were fine, so he's still going tonight to see Viola for a full checkup for my peace of mind and his injection

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, Susan, it sounds as if things are going very well, even if Sophie is doing a bit of growling. I wonder if female cats find kittens "adorable"? I think they must, since just about all animal babies have that "cuteness factor".

She'll come round. Rosie is doing amazingly well with him.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thats fantastic that Roise and Jack are touching noses awwwwww Rosie, you sweetie pie

I bet Sophie is just scared. Shes always been the baby, now with a new baby, shes scared of the newness.

Its a good idea to spend some one on one time with her and reassure her of her status. She will come around Susan.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Awww, Susan, it sounds as if things are going very well, even if Sophie is doing a bit of growling. I wonder if female cats find kittens "adorable"? I think they must, since just about all animal babies have that "cuteness factor".
I think it's a maternal thing, the older, female cat realizes the kitten is small and defenseless and poses absolutely no threat to the older cat. She may hate him at first (since she doesn't yet know what he plans to do to the heirarchy, lol), but once she realizes how defenseless he is, she calms down and accepts him. My Willow hated Buffy (4 weeks old) at first, but at the end of the week, she took Buffy under her wing and acted as her mother for about 9 months (give or take). When Willow met Molly (5 months old), it took over a month for her to accept that Molly was here to stay. So I think the defenseless status plays a part in how an adult (female) cat accepts young kittens.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my - he is such a little BOY! Full of mischief and energy and adorableness (is that a word?). Love all of the pics and soon the girls will be grooming their little brother.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Were back from the vets and he's had a good check and he's perfect
Even though he's already been wormed, the vet wants to give him another dose when he goes back in 3 weeks for his next injection just to be sure. He purred up a storm while he was there as well

The Feliway diffusers been plugged in so i hope this helps Sophie as much as the Rescue Remedy. She hasn't been too bad tonight though and Rosie and Jack have touched noses several times now

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I think its time for some new little Jack pictures
Here you go, just taken when we got back

Mum said your my big sister?

Jack got a bop on the head here because he was chasing Rosie's tail

I AM being nice to him mum!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Look at him and Rosie... how adorable!! I take it that Sophie wants nothing to do with him?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't look to me like Rosie is too miffed with him, she has pretty good posture for that. If she was really mad, she'd be puffed up.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I take it that Sophie wants nothing to do with him?
No not yet
Although she keeps looking at him from the stairs. I've had some quality time with her tonight giving her scritches and talking to herand she was fine with me and that's a major plus
Remember that picture of you and Harley Kenz when you both had your heads touching?. Sophie usually likes to press her head against my arm or hand, but tonight we were like you and Harley, awwwww.

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Doesn't look to me like Rosie is too miffed with him, she has pretty good posture for that. If she was really mad, she'd be puffed up.
That's what i was thinking Nita?. No matter where he runs to she's following him just like she did with Sophie

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

No not yet
Although she keeps looking at him from the stairs. I've had some quality time with her tonight giving her scritches and talking to herand she was fine with me and that's a major plus
Remember that picture of you and Harley Kenz when you both had your heads touching?. Sophie usually likes to press her head against my arm or hand, but tonight we were like you and Harley, awwwww.
Charlie and Jazz didn't have the best relationship but they spent 2 years accepting they had to live with eachother. Hopefully your girls get used to little Jack and have better luck than i did *hugs*

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rosie is so fluffy ... awwwwww.

Jack passed his checkup with flying colors and Sophie isn't quite as mad as she was...
Things are progressing well Susan.