**** Jack Update ****

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If it wasn't just Jack, I would assume that maybe something was wrong with the vaccine. Thank goodness he's okay now. After going through that once, I'm always nervous when Jamie gets his shots. I've thought about reducing the number of shots he gets, but I live in a small town (population c. 9,500) where a lot of people don't bother inoculating or neutering their cats, and many of them seem to congregate in our yard (we don't chase them away, and have a couple of catnip plants and a pond). Jamie only goes out on the leash, but some of the neighborhood cats approach him, and he reacts violently (he attacks them). He also is a very good hunter, and I'm afraid of rabies being transmitted by the shrews, mice or rats he catches. Rabies is a real problem in this area - I've already witnessed foxes and deer being shot because they were obviously rabid - and the local authorities can order that all non-inoculated pets be put down if there are a lot of cases. There are also a lot of feral cats that have FeLV, FIP or FIV. It really makes me mad - cats seem to be viewed as "disposable" pets by a good percentage of us humans.

sfell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew, I am so glad he is okay! My vet stopped using the combo vaccine because of that very reason; he had learned about the potential for reactions from his experiences and the experiences of other vets.