Izzy & Jake from Virginia - long intro

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What beautiful kitties - and there are a quite a few good-hearted men here - and I think a lot of guys do like cats, but just hate to admit it out loud.
You know, the guys who build shelters for outdoor kitties while saying all the while how they don't like cats.

Your Izzy reminds me of my Dante, but she's such an elegant lady - he's a big black cat with just a few white hairs, and is my cuddler, although at 13 pounds my lap gets tired sometimes. My girl is half the size, so I well understand the cartoon chase feature - made me laugh and laugh to watch the reversal between one room and the next.

They were extremely lucky ladies to have found you - and you were lucky to have found out about that cold-hearted, ah, woman. But, maybe you were directed from above to meet her - so you could rescue Izzy and then your other baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

steves68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Merindah, I do tend to babble on.

Darlili, thanks! I've caught some "flack" for being a two-cat owner (mostly friendly jokes and prodding), but I don't care...a person's choice in pets is THEIR choice...man or woman. I couldn't be happier with them. They are so warm, friendly, entertaining and loveable. Each one has their own distinct personality. I couldn't imagine life without them. Things happen for a reason, and I do believe that the way I got Izzy did help save me from what would have been one heck of a mistake of a relationship. Better to find out when I did, rather than later on! It was for the best, I'm convinced of that.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SteveS68

Thanks sweetpea! So sorry about your Tippy.

I took a video of Jake the other day, chasing her tail...she keeps herself entertained, as well as me!

Thank you so much, Tippy was a very special girl

I LOVED the video of Jake chasing her tail - what a little gymnast she is!
I bet you have hours of fun with her.

Originally Posted by SteveS68

I've caught some "flack" for being a two-cat owner (mostly friendly jokes and prodding), but I don't care...a person's choice in pets is THEIR choice...man or woman. I couldn't be happier with them. They are so warm, friendly, entertaining and loveable. Each one has their own distinct personality. I couldn't imagine life without them. Things happen for a reason, and I do believe that the way I got Izzy did help save me from what would have been one heck of a mistake of a relationship. Better to find out when I did, rather than later on! It was for the best, I'm convinced of that.
Don't worry, you won't get any flack here for being a two cat-owner
We have four here - the two Singapuras in the siggy as well as Felicity and Adelaide.

katiecaraline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Izzy and Jake are super cute! Jack reminds me of my Gus Gus especially the one of her sleeping in the bed. Very cute kitties!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!! And there is NOTHING unmanly about owning and loving cats! My boyfriend is all guy and he adores our cats!! It makes my heart flutter when he scoops up the fur babies and kisses and cuddles them. Takes a real man to be that at home with how he feels, IMO.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

steves68

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Sweetpea, Caraline and Addie.

Jake is definitely a gymnast! She'll do somersaults and roll around all over the place. VERY active, and often tries to ambush Izzy.
Izzy does get in a few surprise attacks though! They are soooo entertaining to watch.

Caraline - GusGus and Jake do look similar! I really like that stripe pattern. They look like little tigers!

Addie - I do the same thing for my girls. They'll often sit right in front of my computer keyboard looking for attention, or plop down in my lap when I'm watching TV, so I give them hugs and kisses.

Well I'm moving back to CT this weekend. Got a new job, so I have to pack up my stuff and move. Should be an interesting trip with the kitties in my Tahoe! At least they'll have some room to lounge around during the 10 hour drive.

Have a happy Independence Day everyone!