I've Ordered my new car

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my new Mini that's due to be ready at the end of May. I'm very excited cos I just love cars.
It's a Mini Countryman Cooper S auto in Enigmatic black. It's a black base with tiny flecks of blue in it. I've been told that when it's a dull day it looks mainly just black but on a sunny day it has a strong hint of blue.
This is a configuration of it from the Mini website.

1583681330701.png

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice!

But I wish we had real public transport here in the U.S., so I didn't have to sit in my car so much . . . . .

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awesome!

When I went to England with a friend a couple of years ago we visited her aunt and she picked us up in her Mini Cooper. Riding through the English countryside in a Mini was probably one of my favorite things ever :D

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
We love our Mini! Yours is definitely more upscale, though, than our basic guy (his name is Bertie). They’re surprisingly roomy and heavy for their size: My husband drove Bertie through a blizzard in Wyoming a couple of years ago with no problems. Granted there wasn’t a lot of snow on the roadway yet, but they hold the road really well. Ours is a six-speed manual and extremely fun to drive. Love to whip around corners and into parking spaces. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We love our Mini!
So I take it yours is a 'proper' Mini. I say that because some Mini enthusiasts consider that the Countryman is not a proper Mini because they're a lot bigger than the other models. The Countryman is quite big when you get up close though. I actually like the look of them more than the smaller ones.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
So I take it yours is a 'proper' Mini. I say that because some Mini enthusiasts consider that the Countryman is not a proper Mini because they're a lot bigger than the other models. The Countryman is quite big when you get up close though. I actually like the look of them more than the smaller ones.
Oh, sure, ours is “proper” if by that you mean “cheapest Mini we could buy”! :lol: My husband does not love cars; I’m the car person in the family. So he wanted the most basic Mini with no bells and whistles. His only requirement was that it had to have a manual transmission, and since it’s his car, that’s what we bought. I’d say it’s more a cute boy rather than a muscle-y teenager.

I can see why you’re excited about getting the Countryman, and I love the color. You’ll have to name it. We received paperwork after we bought it, asking us to name it. :)

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
You won’t believe how many sites there are about people naming their Minis! Here’s Bertie. My husband is a big fan of P.G. Wodehouse.
7B484A16-054D-461F-8017-A342C396389B.jpeg