I've got spraying!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think it was a litter box interruption now too because there hasn't been a repeat.

I think also things should get better because they are getting along now and aren't ambushing each other while using the litter box like before. They just kind of watch each other use the litter box now instead of bum rushing the other.

This is so undeserved when all you wanted was a couple of kitties.
Actually, to be more accurate, I didn't originally want anything. Ally just kind of landed in my life and I grew attached to her and decided to keep her and take care of her. Ollie was added to keep her company and in doing so I was able to give another cat a good life with me.

On the up side - I leave tomorrow to finalize the apartment in Minneapolis. It has all wood floors. Should it happen again up there, a Swiffer Wet-Jet should take care of it.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

...Actually, to be more accurate, I didn't originally want anything. Ally just kind of landed in my life and I grew attached to her and decided to keep her and take care of her. Ollie was added to keep her company and in doing so I was able to give another cat a good life with me.
That's how it goes with kitties! They adopt you or they find you (you just THINK it's the other way around at first
) - and cats are like potato chips - it's hard to have just one.

Laurie

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found out just before I left for the airport today that it turns out - IT WASN'T PEE!!!

I witnessed how the line of yellow spray got created.

Turns out, these little gold mylar balls that I bought Ally within the first week of having her will shed the coloring that makes them gold when they get wet. I saw Ollie accidentally get one in the water feeder, and then kick it out and keep running and kicking it as he went along. The result was the exact kind of yellow spray line thing that I found and that had me convinced was pee.

I can't imagine that the coloring/paint is good for a cat to digest, so I dumped out the water and refilled it and also got rid of the mylar balls. They were bought at Petsmart. I would never have guessed that they'd be the culprit. I can't believe Petsmart would sell something like that.

Anyways, Ally and Ollie are in the clear. It was just dye, not urine. No wonder it was so difficult to get out of the carpet.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, I'll have to mention it to the manager at my Petsmart this weekend. But, really wanted to hop in to say how much I love the updated signature....such truly beautiful babies and such a change from when you first got them. They surely were blessed when they found a home with you.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, that's great you found out what it was (and great that it wasn't pee!). One of my cats dropped one of those mylar balls in the water dish, and now there's a green stain on the carpet
. I hope they use non-toxic dye, but better safe than sorry, I guess.

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been playing around with mylar balls trying to find ones that don't have this issue.

I think they all have it. I got some at Pet Supermarket as well as CVS in the pet aisle and they also "bleed" color when wet.

I think the solution is to get only non-colored (silver) mylar balls. I'll have to find some because Ollie loves mylar balls. They're his favorite toy by far (much to my annoyance when I'm trying to sleep. lol).