I've come to believe in TCS vibes...and I could sure use some.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

sending many good colonoscopy vibes ur way
I know how that is my dad was diagnosed with colon cancer a few years ago had some of the colon removed and then last year they had to do another surgery because more polups were found and they didnt want them to turn cancerous and couldnt remove them cause they were to bg
so I know what u are going through and my pap died from colon cancer
(my dad told everyone go for a colonoscopy after he was diagnosed but no one went and he has a big family) But I know how it is, hmm whys ur mom going so late for a colonoscopy? my dad had to go every 6 months then it went to a year now we are at every 3 years! But u are in my thoughts and prayers and more and more good vibes for ur mom for tomarrow
I'm so sorry about your dad. My father had the same thing two years ago, but he came through with flying colors, thank goodness. And yes, since both our parents have had this kind of trouble, my brother and I were supposed to get checked out, too -- and he did, with good results. I'm still uninsured, though, so I haven't been able to do it yet.

You're absolutely right to wonder why Mom hasn't had a follow-up sooner than this! I don't understand it, either, but apparently since her tumor was benign, they don't believe in checking so often. It makes me nervous, too.

Everybody -- I so appreciate your good wishes. We're leaving in a few minutes for the hospital. Thank you so much...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's fine!
They found two small polyps and removed them easily, and she felt so well that we went out for waffles afterward!

What a relief... I don't know why I was so worried this time, but I was a nervous wreck. I can't thank you all enough for your moral support, and especially for what I believe is a very real influence on the outcome. Caring thoughts really do make a difference.

Bless you all for your kindness!