I've bought an electronic cigarette

jessicawfree

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love electronic cigarettes...here I am concerned about e-cigs getting banned....Hey everyone, do you know that the government is imposing ban on electronic cigarettes? I don't understand why the Canadian government is taking stringent actions against electronic cigarettes. According to reports e-cigs will be banned in Canada where as people can smoke conventional cigarettes. As we all know that these conventional cigs are more harmful than e-cigarettes. We can measure the amount of nicotine through e-cigs where as how much tar is getting deposited in our lungs can be calculated if we continue to smoke conventional ones...Is the government getting no benefits in form of taxes from e-cigarette manufacturers? I have been vaping e-cigs for past 6 years and it really helped me almost quit smoking...Electronic cigarettes are Eco-friendly, on the other hand conventional ones are not...then why the government has decided to impose a ban on e-cigs having known the merits of it???? The same could happen in every country...

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love electronic cigarettes...here I am concerned about e-cigs getting banned....Hey everyone, do you know that the government is imposing ban on electronic cigarettes? I don't understand why the Canadian government is taking stringent actions against electronic cigarettes. According to reports e-cigs will be banned in Canada where as people can smoke conventional cigarettes. As we all know that these conventional cigs are more harmful than e-cigarettes. We can measure the amount of nicotine through e-cigs where as how much tar is getting deposited in our lungs can be calculated if we continue to smoke conventional ones...Is the government getting no benefits in form of taxes from e-cigarette manufacturers? I have been vaping e-cigs for past 6 years and it really helped me almost quit smoking...Electronic cigarettes are Eco-friendly, on the other hand conventional ones are not...then why the government has decided to impose a ban on e-cigs having known the merits of it???? The same could happen in every country...
That's just it - plain and simple, the majority of the $$$ you pay for the conventional cigs (cancer sticks) are Taxes, while e-cigs are not taxable yet.
The government is not making any money on it, and IMHO that's all they care about.
I vape too, and my health is night and day since I started vaping. Quit cigs on the second day.

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow....vapers and cats....all in the same place!!!!

I am a vaper.....smoked my last cigarette 1 year, 2 weeks ago.  I use a Provari now, and a variety of clearomizers (vivi nova, raven tanks, anyvape tanks, currently).  Went through a lot of juice flavors in the last year, but have pretty much settled on Malty and Malty Toffee from Backwoods Brew, and Bounty Hunter and Gold from Nite Lite Vapor.  Occasionally pick up some stuff from Alice in Vapeland for a bit of variety.  Get most of my stuff from Got Vapes.

I smoked for over 40 years, and tried every method to quit with no success.  Got my first ego kit in the mail, cranked it up......and never looked back.  

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow....vapers and cats....all in the same place!!!!

I am a vaper.....smoked my last cigarette 1 year, 2 weeks ago.  I use a Provari now, and a variety of clearomizers (vivi nova, raven tanks, anyvape tanks, currently).  Went through a lot of juice flavors in the last year, but have pretty much settled on Malty and Malty Toffee from Backwoods Brew, and Bounty Hunter and Gold from Nite Lite Vapor.  Occasionally pick up some stuff from Alice in Vapeland for a bit of variety.  Get most of my stuff from Got Vapes.

I smoked for over 40 years, and tried every method to quit with no success.  Got my first ego kit in the mail, cranked it up......and never looked back.  
Haha! What a coincidence! I also get most of my stuff at gotvapes! Love Chris and Daniel, but Chris has become a friend :D
Love, love love BWB, but my tanks don't seem to last on it, so I settled for Liqua, and love it.
Because I travel so much I just use my ego-t with the stardusts. Works and are super easy :) I too never looked back, I think it's been a couple of years now! :clap:

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi All. Another vaper here!

I was a 2 pack a day smoker for years. I could not even IMAGINE my life with out cigarettes but after a health scare I was forced to look into it and found E-Cigs. Within a week I was smoke free and it was all but effortless. I can not say enough good things about e-Cigs.

The hard part was learning all the jargon and apparatus. (I am a e-cig forum member too). After a while I started to catch on. I started with Joytech eGo batteries and the Vision stardust clearomizers that I still use to this day.  I did get a Vision Vivi Nova clearomizer that I also like but I miss ordered and got the  3ml size (large) and it is a monster on my little pink eGo.

As far as E-Liquid I am a bit of a Do It Yourself'er.  I have allergies to some flavours. I started at 24mg/ml and now run at about  12 to 18 mg/ml. 

Here are some venders that have free shipping: Surevapes, vaporbeast and crystalclearvaping. I have never used them but....there they are.
    (USA)

Like before said, Vaping and Kitties in one place!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my way to check it out. Carolina....are you on the gotvapes forum?  I used to hang out there a lot, but now spend most of time on TCS....lol.
You mean the e-cig forum? if so, yes, but not so much anymore.... Don't have the time, and I got the setup I like :nod:
I am not aware of Gotvapes having a forum... I know they are in the forum....

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You mean the e-cig forum? if so, yes, but not so much anymore.... Don't have the time, and I got the setup I like

I am not aware of Gotvapes having a forum... I know they are in the forum....
I don't hang out on ECF as much as I used to...but yes, got vapes has a good forum  http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gotvapes/  It is a great place to catch up on the new stuff.

Last edited:

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been reading this thread and find it extremely interesting. I am not a smoker, but I do enjoy a cigarette every once in a while. I think what I enjoy is more so than the nicotine addiction is the tingling sensation that I get that probably happens because I smoke rarely. But I have heard smokers say they get the same sensation, just not as strong.

I wonder- with electronic cigarettes, do you get the same experience?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You do when you use e-liquid with nicotine - vapers call it "flash". It also depends a bit on the atomizer you use - that's the part that heats the e-liquid.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You do when you use e-liquid with nicotine - vapers call it "flash". It also depends a bit on the atomizer you use - that's the part that heats the e-liquid.
Never knew that was called "flash" you got the lingo my friend! :clap:

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is pretty cool. I think I want to try them out too

I have a co worker who vapes alll the time, in meetings, when you go up to talk to her she randomly pulls out her e-cig  and it looks so much fun. She has the pink one, I think what she has is the joye ecab. It looks so cute.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
"Flash" sounds more elegant than "throat hit".
Everybody on this side of the Atlantic is anxious about what the EU is going to do. The stupidest argument for a ban is that e-cigs could be a "gateway" for adolescents. Really? At those prices?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Flash" sounds more elegant than "throat hit".
Everybody on this side of the Atlantic is anxious about what the EU is going to do. The stupidest argument for a ban is that e-cigs could be a "gateway" for adolescents. Really? At those prices?
Ohhhhhh onw that one I know Throat Hit :lol3:
How is your stock? Still "hoarding"? :clap:

Last edited: