I've been scammed 3 times in the last month!

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the heads up. I have sold stuff on Craigslist before but I always use dfs number and email so he can deal with the people and set up a time when he will be home. And we always have a strict cash only no checks money orders paypal....cash in hand only. We don't trust anyone buying stuff so we have zero leeway on the cash policy but we do let them haggle. I always list stuff over the price we want so the buyer can haggle down to the price we actually want.

orangeishcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup, my craigslist stuff is always pickup in person and cash or paypal only.    The only way they could get their paypal money back would be a legitimate fraud complaint that paypal wouldn't pursue without just cause.    For all other purchases, I use my credit card (local or online) and don't worry about fraud as they can't steal my money, only the bank's.    Fraud/dispute protection + 5% cashback... yes please!

Not true. I had this issue with a phone I sold on eBay. All the buyer had to do was claim the phone was 'not as described' and Paypal took the money straight out of my account. I was given the chance to state my case, of course, but they will always, ALWAYS side with the buyer. Please be VERY CAREFUL when accepting money over Paypal.