I've Been Hoodwinked , My Feral Is Two Cats

JessyAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So this morning the truth of Nox the feral black kitty I plan to trap came to light. I had thought it a bit strange the one night about a week ago that he ran up to me meowing ... Nox is actually two kitties one feral male who is the original and I'm thinking a stray who is very nervous but instantly willing to come very close to me and meow. They were together this morning having a stair down at the food bowl ! They didn't fight, Nox is a generous boy but not social like his small seemingly tame double. Now I have an even bigger problem then before trying to figure out what to do for both of them as a woman of small means with a heart bigger than her bank account and limited space . Funny how I moved here to help my MIL but instead it is now my duty to figure out how to also help two black cats!

Attachments

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so funny that there are two of them. I hope they aren't boy and girl, then you might get more!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JessyAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is so funny that there are two of them. I hope they aren't boy and girl, then you might get more!
Oh my gosh I know , I'm just hoping that the smaller one is fixed or the same sex as Nox. I love black cats but I don't want a ring of them around my MILs house... What a picture that would make

JessyAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's funny! If one of them is tame, it'll be easier to get the other used to people.
It is hilarious! I know as humans we tend to put human emotions and thoughts on animals but I can't help but wonder if these two planned this together . They probably saw me in my artsy black wardrobe and went "one of us" :)

JessyAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It might actually work out good, they have a buddy to play with.
I just threw caution to the wind , saw the double who has shown friendly signs . I threw myself on the ground and waited for her(didn't see any male signs in back) to make her move. She instantly ran to me tail in the air with bent tip , meowing and rubbed herself all over me and even scented my hand with her face . I told myself it was do or die time and just started petting her lightly she loved it and paced back and forth getting some love and purring like crazy! She batted me once in the middle of the pet session but without her huge claws out. I'm really wondering if I just let her come in ,and it seems she wants to, will my husband or I be in any danger before we can get her seen by a vet...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only danger might be fleas. What about the boy cat?

JessyAnn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The only danger might be fleas. What about the boy cat?
Didn't see any fleas on Twin but they could be there. Going to try to get the girl in the normal cat carrier then bring into the vet as soon as I can. I guess untill her appointment she can hang out with me in the closed living room. As far as Nox the boy he's friendly but hisses if you get near him so he's probably feral not stray so our vet likely won't treat him. I'm going to have to borrow a trap for him through a local feral cat group and go through their program vets to have him fixed and treated for any other issues and vaccines. This could take weeks to finally get him taken care of . I feel like with the girl she's really wanting inside now and it Can't wait weeks for help and would be easiest to snag first