I've Always Wondered Which is Better, Girls or Boys?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I find generally the boys are more sweet and loving, but my girls have had so much more personality and character, and they still want to be nearby, and love their snuggles - they just don't like being held and they won't sit on our laps.

So I really don't care about the sex of a cat, it's individual personality that makes a cat what they are.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've only had boys. First time around that wasn't deliberate (I actually wanted one boy and one girl as I, mistakenly, thought that combination would get on best. But the shelter didn't have any boy/girl pairs). I wanted a boy when I got Mosi. I do think that generally boys are more laid back and easy going whereas girls are more likely to have attitude!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rosie and Sophie are real love bugs, but Jack seems to be more

The girls will curl up on my lap no problem, but Jack always jumps up to cuddle into me, then when he falls asleep he stretches out across me

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sam curls up by me at night and will rest his head on my cheek.

Pru headbutts and flips upside down to get belly rubs, at night only.
Clio sits or lays with me when I need a friend, how does she know?

All three are very affectionate in different ways. Most people like Sam because he is extremely outgoing and friendly, Clio has to warm up to people and Pru is never seen by anyone other than us.

Sam is my first male cat and he is a lover but needy at times, where the girls seem to be more independent. I prefer each of them at different times, it depends on my mood.

Edit: Clio just came up behind the laptop and squeezed herself between it and me. Does she have radar? Okay, Clio, you are a very affectionate cat.

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In my experience, my girl cats are more independent. I tend to like that a little better. I like my boys because they are affectionate, but I like them to do there own thing too! Pepper is usually all over me when I am home. Petunia will lay near me but doesn't lay on me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel better knowing some people have the same opinion. I wondered if it meant I was a bad meow mommy, but if other people have had the same experience as me then I feel much better!