I've actually found an odd-eyed black cat for adoption

rinadaventry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I rad up on the Ojos Azules. I'd love to try and get a black/white or black cat with opposite eyes- those are my favorite white cats! In fact I almost adopted one with one green eye and one blue...but then I ended up with Alcott and London instead!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

she is a maine coon. i was wondering how normal it was for a black cat to have odd eyes, and what would cause it. does black mask other colors like white does?
someone please tell me what odd eyes means?!?!?

imagyne

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
<----- Odd eyes

Just kidding, Odd eyes are when a cat has a seperate color for each eye, for instance we have a white male Munchkin stud who has 1 Blue eye & 1 Gold eye.

Hope that helps

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked at the picture on Petfinders - its not odd-eye to me. Its a reflection of the lights. A true odd-eye cat would have a big contract in color. The cat probably has hazel eyes which would have green/yellow, etc in it.

Here's a picture of an odd-eye calico japanese bobtail - scroll down and there is a close up of her (about the 6th picture).

http://www.catchicats.com/K4Sale.htm

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I looked at the picture on Petfinders - its not odd-eye to me. Its a reflection of the lights. A true odd-eye cat would have a big contract in color. The cat probably has hazel eyes which would have green/yellow, etc in it.

Here's a picture of an odd-eye calico japanese bobtail - scroll down and there is a close up of her (about the 6th picture).

http://www.catchicats.com/K4Sale.htm
isn't she gorgeous! i wish i could afford a Japanese Bob-tail - they're so cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

She's not even a Maine Coon, nor is she black and she is not odd eyed either.
i think they're just guessing their butts off now. up until a week ago, they had her age listed as 14 weeks. now she's miraculously a year old. Also, they say their fee is $150/domestic and $250 purebred (with a $100 deposit for out of state adopts, not including shipping costs.) by saying she's a specific breed, they stand to make an extra $100. the whole thing is fishy to me.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, she looks nothing like a Maine Coon and she is definitly older then 14 weeks. It's sad how some rescue places think they can get more for a cat by scamming that it is Purebred.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess if it's longhair but not a flat face, its a "maine coon". I agree - it may have some MC in the background, but its just a mixed breed domestic.