It's Valentine's Day - tell us your story!

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jon and I met at the Italian restaurant that I work at now. It was about five years ago in July. The first month, we sort of ignored each other, we were both really shy. Then one day, I was folding towels and he was standing around chatting and I looked at him and said jokingly "Don't help or anything, just stand there." He laughed and started helping. The beginning of our relationship was just us being assholes to each to make the other one laugh.

Then we started hanging out outside of work. The feelings happened so gradually, I didn't realize they happened! But I was driving with one of my friends and I said "I think I might like Jon." lol. The next few days I realized I loved him. But it was such a weird thought, us being together, I had no idea if he felt the same way. I loved going to work. I dreaded days he didn't work. We'd talk for hours on the phone every night for hours when we weren't together. Then one day we were driving and dating came up. I said "You aren't allowed to date anyone. I'd be too jealous." He said "Then you can't either....maybe we could just date each other?" I said "Ok!"

We actually moved in together, about a month after we started dating. We were planning on being roommates before we started dating and didn't see why would shouldn't. I realize that could have ended very badly, but it worked for us really well.

We've been together four years next month, we've been married since August. He's my best friend, I can't believe I'm so lucky. He's such a wonderful husband. I can't wait until September when I make him a daddy!!!